Senior Principal Full-Stack Application Development Manager
MastersData Technology team with Architecture and Data Science Division is at theforefront of building BNY Strategic Reference Data Platforms Initial Focus onthe initiative is to stand up Client, Account, Product, Reference and SecurityMaster.
The MastersTechnology team is looking for a motivated Full Stack (Java) Developer withhands on experience in building enterprise wide technology solutions. Candidateis expected to be operating under the guidance of Tech Delivery Manager howeveris expected to be self-starter and operate with an ownership mentality.Candidate will be individual contributor working part of the Overall TechnologyDelivery team. He/ She is expected to mentor summer interns and juniordevelopers and grow into Senior Roles over next few years. Candidate must beAgile Practitioner.
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree is beneficial 14+ years of experience in software development required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. Job holder must have understanding interdependencies and business impact of future IT plans. S/he must have extensive experience selecting and implementing vendor-specific methodologies and prior consulting experience with structured methodologies. Extensive experience with developing and supporting mainframe applications required. Job holder must have broad experience with multi-platform development tools and toolkits.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Hands on Java Technologist with Reference Data Background
- Extensive experience in Spring Batch Framework, Spark, Kafka Streaming Solutions
- Reference Data Domain Knowledge preferred
- Ability to synthesize business, functional requirements and design solution
- Design and Implement Rest APIs
- Prior experience in Sprint Boot (micro services) framework.
- Prior Experience in working across regions and cross functional teams
- Partner with QA/Ops/Client teams in supporting QA/UAT initiatives
- Experience with source control systems such as GIT, and Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Knowledge in various branching/merging methodologies and release procedures.
- Experience with continuous integration build engines, such as Jenkins, Cruise Control, etc.
- Experience with IT automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.
- Experience with container technology such as Docker, and CoreOS RKT (Rocket)
- Exposure to Agile development processes and tools such as Confluence, JIRA, and Kanban.
- Scripting experience (Python, Perl, Bash, batch, etc.) and familiarity with Windows, Linux (RHEL preferred) and Unix.
- Experience with databases both relational (Oracle, MSSQL) and non-relational (NoSQL, HBase)
- Experience in release engineering, configuration management, software development or related discipline.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Architecture And Data-HR16450 Requisition Number: