Senior Software Engineer - BI Data Management (Contract)
** Please note that this is a contract position**
Bloomberg runs on data. As the Data Management team within Engineering, we support our organization's needs around managing data efficiently. The vision of the team is to build products and provide data services that drive data quality and data governance across various data domains (prospect, customer, vendor, material, etc.). We partner with business teams across the organization in addressing their data needs and ultimately helping them run their operations efficiently and make improved decisions.
We are looking for a seasoned full stack developer with strong technical skills and a consistent record of building innovative products to enhance and support our internal Data Management software platform. You will collaborate with multiple stakeholders, including engineering teams and business partners with a goal to maximize value by understanding user/customer needs and adoption requirements. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Enhance, build, and support innovative full stack applications
- Design, develop, and release high-quality maintainable code
- Apply SDLC methodologies and sound technical design
- Partner with key stakeholders such as the business and engineering teams
- Proactively identify opportunities and challenge the status quo
We'd love to see:
- 3+ years of professional experience with a relational database such as SQL Server, PostgreSQL, etc.
- 3+ years of experience building services/REST APIs
- Experience programming in a Linux/UNIX environment including shell scripting
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
- Programming experience with RabbitMQ messaging queue or Kafka streaming
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.