Senior Software Engineer - HR Engineering
With more than 19,000 employees, Bloomberg HR Engineering builds systems to ensure that our global company is able to run smoothly and efficiently. The HR teams rely on our products to ensure that complex workflows involving anything from recruiting, employee onboarding, compensation, talent management, to compensation, are streamlined and top-notch. Our organization would not be anywhere without our employees and the products we build are critical in making sure our employees have the resources they need.
The HR Engineering team is responsible for designing and developing complex workflows for products in the area of
1) Talent Management: Products for handling employee performance processes year-round- we do this by considering all workflows for various organizations and employee scenarios, while also developing complex reporting tools to provide aggregates and trends
2) Payroll Processes: Platform for discovery and transparency of employee pay-slips, tax documents, etc. We are building an admin functionality for managing different payroll cycles and release/visibility rules across the globe and streamlining processes for integrating with various payroll vendors.
3) Employee Management: Products for employees to manage employee information, including contact details and availability. We provide APIs and services for employee data consumption by other teams and products. Our database handles about 3 billion hits a day and employee info service handles about 1 million hits a day!
4) Enterprise Document Storage: Product to securely store and index sensitive HR documents and allow for document discovery for HR admins.
5) Vendor Management and Integrations: Participate in vendor evaluation, product prototyping, and product integration for various third-party solutions to use across the HR department.
Business Exposure: Along with working closely with our product team, you will get the chance to work with top executives and other stakeholders to help them manage mission critical processes and gather requirements for developing the next generation of products. We will trust you to:
You will need to have:
- Take ownership of the products and prototype, build and iterate at a rapid pace
- Work with a variety of technologies to develop innovative solutions
- Collaborate in an agile, fast-paced team
- Be a problem solver and think outside the box
- Deliver on time without compromising on quality
We would love to see:
- 5+ years of experience in designing and implementing complex full stack software applications
- Experience in Python, C, C++, or C#
- Familiarity with database programming (SQL Server DB / PostgreSQL knowledge a plus!)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
- Experience shipping high-profile user-facing products, working with large code bases, and engineering features for security, scalability, and high availability
- An understanding of the design, implementation, and deployment of high performance, large-scale applications in a distributed environment