Senior Software Engineer Etrading
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally
This role requires a wide variety ofstrengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalentexperience
- Expertise in application, data andinfrastructure architecture disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of architecture,design across all systems
- Proficiency in multiple modernprogramming languages Python and Javaprogramming expertise with a strong background in delivery.
- Knowledge of industry widetechnology trends and best practices
- Keen understanding of financialcontrol and budget management
- Ability to work in large,collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate aboutbuilding an innovative culture
- Strong analyticaldevelopment skills, solid understanding of computer science fundamentals andexperience in real-time, high performance and eTrading areas.
- Strong grasp of objectoriented design and programming, multi-threaded programming and middlewaretechnologies (e.g. RMDS, Informatica UM, Streambase, Tibco).
- Python and Javaprogramming expertise with a strong background in delivery.
- Previous supervisory experience isalso beneficial
- P riorexperience working in electronic trading in a front office facing role isessential.
- Strong technologygeneralist - experience building highly performant and resilient applicationsused within a high performance/real-time environment.
The Credit eTrading Technology teamis focused on delivering best in class IT solutions to the Credit businesswhere JP Morgan is a market leader. We are a team of around 40 people with thecore of our development effort based in London, New York, Chicago and Hong Kongwhere we partner closely with the quant research group and face off directly tothe trading desks. Our core strength is providing technical expertise andsoftware development skills that directly affect the ability of our business togenerate revenue and remain the dominant player in the market. We are committedto hiring the brightest and best technical experts and in return can offerroles with direct trading and quant interaction on projects related toelectronic and algorithmic trading.
The successful candidate will focuson designing, building and delivering our strategic platform and partnerclosely with our business stakeholders, quantitative research partners andbroader eTrading technology team of highly-skilled and business-aligned technologists.The team is responsible for the electronic trading platform used by the CreditTrading business globally and the team designs, builds and enhances electronictrading contribution and execution capabilities, working closely with the desk,quantitative research and with core technology groups. Products traded include corporate bonds,single name CDS, index CDS and index CDS options.
The role will combine all aspects ofsoftware development from design and build to deployment, working within a globalteam of experienced technologists. It requires expertise in creating highquality and reusable components in a service-oriented architecture. Thesuccessful candidate must be comfortable working as a front-office developer ina high pressure, challenging role with a focus on solving business problems viatechnology in a fast changing environment: time to market is critical, butwithout compromising on quality or performance.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
© 2019 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.