Senior Specialist Developer - Enterprise Monitoring and Automation
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG)
is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon App Engine technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers. TSG
is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
We are part of Enterprise Monitoring and Automation Team, and recently formed to develop the next generation of Disaster Recovery platform within TSG. We are developing and engineering a full stack of in-house software. We are a distributed team with wide range of development and system skills that seek to produce robust, yet simple solutions to problems. We are hiring people that are self-starters who can work independently with minimal direction. Key responsibilities include
Development of a near real-time dashboards pulling data from multiple sources across the BNYMellon enterprise.
Development of modern and agile workflow capabilities according to business and technology requirements.
Development of micro-services and near-real-time-refresh in-cache data aggregation capabilities.
Development and implementation of various cross-product integrations including on-premises and SaaS-enabled platforms.
Working independently to contribute to a large team delivering solutions to the meet the needs of executive management as well as the general employee population.
Sr. Specialist Developer->> Consults with internal business groups to provide appropriate application software development services or technical support. Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Contributes to defining time tables and project plans. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Takes lead for establishing, implementing and monitoring 'best practices' for technical development methodologies and tools. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. Qualifications
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required.
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of experience in Software Development is required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Five or more (5+) years of experience with J2EE/Spring Boot.
- Five or more (5+) years of experience with modern web technologies and frameworks like Angular (using TYPESCRIPT), REACT, etc.
- Passion for developing enterprise-scale web applications with 15,000+ concurrent users.
- Ability to multi-task and to adapt quickly to changing requirements, scope and priorities.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross functional teams to solve complex problems and deliver end-to-end products and features.
- Experience in designing/modeling data structures in Oracle or MSSQL.
- Experience building near real-time dashboards, data visualization and targeted refresh of data on screen.
- Experience with WEBSOCKETS or similar asynchronous browser streaming technology.
- Experience building re-usable UI component libraries.
- Experience building container-based applications in public cloud computing platforms is preferred.
- Experience in the building products is a plus.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Technology Services Group-HR06725 Requisition Number: