Software Developer II
JobDescription : The Role:
Software Developer II The Location:
Princeton, NJ or New York, NY The Team:
The team is responsible for building Analytics products in a key strategic platform using emerging tools and technologies. The team works in a challenging environment that gives ample opportunities to use innovative ideas to solve complex analytical problems. You will have the opportunity every day to work with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and will be able to develop a close team dynamic with coworkers from around the globe. The Impact:
You will be making significant contribution in building solutions for the Web applications/API/Web Services/Data Processing. The work you do will provide the data and analytics required for crucial, daily decisions in the capital and commodities markets. What's in it for you:
- Build a career with a global company
- Work on code that fuels the global financial markets
- Grow and improve your skills by working on enterprise level products and new technologies
What We're Looking For: Basic Qualifications:
- Work as a senior developer with strong hands on development for entire software development lifecycle
- Work collaboratively with product owners, technology partners to understand and clarify requirements
- Design and develop highly scalable industry-leading applications
- Analyze, isolate issues and resolve them
- Produce system design documents and lead technical walk trough's
- Continuously improve the architecture and quality of the code
- Bachelor's /Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
- Able to demonstrate strong OOP skills.
- Strong expertise and knowledge in LINQ , Functional Programming and multithreading using task parallel library(TPL).
- Experience implementing: Micro Services in .NET Core, ASP.NET MVC, Web API, .Net window services and SQL Server.
- Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, Test- driven development.
- Interest and experience in Financial Industry and Capital Markets is a plus.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Dependency Injection.
- Able to work well individually and with a team.
- Good work ethic, self-starter, and results oriented.
- Excellent communication skills are essential, with strong verbal and writing proficiencies.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdfdescribes discrimination protections under federal law.