Sr.Spec'st Info Sec A'lyst-Modern Workloads Cyber Security Threat Detection and Analytics
Sr. Specialist Information Security Analyst->> Consults with other IT areas and the businesses and provides professional support for major components of the company's information security infrastructure. Contributes to the development and implementation of security architecture, standards, procedures and guidelines for multiple platforms. Consults with the business and operational infrastructure personnel regarding new and existing technologies. Recommends new security tools to management and reports and provides guidance and expertise in their implementation. Reviews and analyzes complex data and information to provide insights, conclusions and actionable recommendations provides direction and guidance on reports and analyses and ensures recommendations are aligned with customer/business needs and capabilities. Ensures that all significant security concerns are addressed. Recommends course of action to mitigate risk and ensures that appropriate standards are established and published. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
The Threat Detection Team at BNY Mellon develops and maintains the signals, tools, and infrastructure required to perform deep analysis of threats on our corporate environment. This role will be responsible for identifying and constantly evolving techniques to match sophisticated attacks. As part of this team, you will be building advanced and novel detection mechanisms for attacker techniques tactics and procedures, developing systems to automate remediation, conducting threat hunting, and performing network and systems forensics, as well as malware and indicator analysis.
The successful candidate will be part of a high performance Cyber Security Analytics team within the Information Security Division of BNY Mellon. The Cyber Security Analytics team is responsible for providing threat detection, analytics and visualization to the Information Security and other functional groups within BNY Mellon with goal of detecting and preventing adversarial attacks.
Responsible for understanding the Cyber Security Threat Landscape and applying innovative solutions to address threats using analytics
Responsible for identifying Treat Detection Use cases in modern workload ecosystem and implementing the techniques to surface these threats
Build analytics that can be applied to the discovery and tracking of advanced adversaries
Assess N-Cloud Data Center Architecture (traditional, hybrid and public cloud ) for Security Attack Surface , identify the data sources , logs and events necessary to analyze insider and outsider threats
Look for innovation and creativity in technology design
Deliver quality code within controlled environments using formal release management and continuous integration structures
Keep up to date with current trends, tactics, and vulnerabilities in the security space
Demonstrates knowledge of financial services and security domain
Adapt to a large and diverse program portfolio across multiple locations with a range of integration and analytics technologies
- Experience and understanding of modern workloads ecosystem, including, SD-WAN, Software and Host based Firewalls, Office 365, Hybrid Cloud, Public Cloud - Azure and AWS IaaS, Containers, Micro Services, CI/CD pipeline
- Demonstrated experience in out of the box thinking and implementation of innovative threat detection techniques using Splunk and/or other platforms
- Experience in working with cross functional teams to collaborate and socialize threat detection techniques and results
- Solid understanding of MITRE and/or similar threat frameworks
- Expert level skills in Splunk CIMs, Searches, Data Models
- Comfortable working with geographically dispersed team
- Comfortable with a range of project and software development methodologies - experience with agile scrum preferable
- Ability to problem solve and performance tune in a high paced development environment
- Exposure to Machine Learning concepts and algorithms is highly preferred
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred, 8-10 years of experience in information security or related technology experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Information Security-HR11724 Requisition Number: