Summary: A next generation boutique investment management firm with a nearly 40 year history is seeking a software engineer with relevant financial industry experience. The successful candidate will have experience working with investment professionals providing risk, research, portfolio analytics and model development
- Maintain and support existing software products and processes using C# and Microsoft Transact SQL.
- Design and develop new reports and applications in support of investment professionals using object oriented design and programming concepts. This includes involvement in all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Database design, development and support
- Provide customer support as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Finance
- 3 - 7 years of software development experience
- Experience working directly with investment and risk professionals developing portfolio management, risk and/or statistical software products
- Experience in C#, .NET Framework, WPF, DevExpress WPF Tools, WCF, and Microsoft Transact SQL in a Windows environment
- Strong object oriented design and programming skills
- Strong knowledge of third party market data providers and API’s including Bloomberg and Thomson Reuters
- Strong applied math and statistics skills
- Demonstrated written and verbal skills
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and customer support skills
- Experience in IIS, SSRS, SSIS and three tier development preferred.