Syndicated Loan Transaction Coordinator - Debt Capital Markets - Middle Office
Syndicated Loan Transaction Coordinator - Debt CapitalMarkets - Middle Office | New York
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading globalfinancial services firm with assets of $2.7 trillion and operations worldwide.The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumersand small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, andasset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorganChase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many ofthe worlds most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients underits JPMorgan Chase & Co brands.
Wholesale Loan Services (WLS) services several lines ofbusinesses within JPMorgan Chase, including Business Banking, Global WealthManagement, Investment Banking and Commercial Banking. The group consists of approximately 1,300employees worldwide and is responsible for over $500 billion in loansoutstanding.
The Transaction Coordinators, as a team within WLS, areresponsible for coordinating complex syndication and bi-lateral loans for theCorporate Investment and Commercial Banks. The team works closely with the JPMorigination businesses, ensuring that all necessary information is reviewed foroperational feasibility and optimal execution. The team partners with variousinternal and external parties, including but not limited to, Debt CapitalMarkets (DCM), Credit Risk, Loan and Agency Services, Legal, as well as JPMBorrowers and Lender Clients. The team also interacts with counterpartsinternationally on cross-border transactions, originating out of North America. Responsibilities
- Actas senior single point of contact within WLS to proactively manage and maintaina portfolio of complex structured leveraged and high grade loan transactionsfor the Investment and Commercial Banks.
- Supportmultiple lines of business including CIB North America Debt Capital Markets andCB CCBSI and MMBSI in coordinating the execution and closing of complexstructured loan transactions, including, but not limited to, new deals,refinancings, amendments, cross-border transactions, acquisition financings,and cashless roll repricings
- Provideownership and complete operational oversight on syndicated loan transactionclosing mechanics to ensure all closing requirements such as closingdocumentation, regulatory requirements and conditions precedent are met priorto deal execution
- Reviewand comment on legal loan documentation for operational feasibility, optimalexecution mechanics, regulatory requirements and mitigation of operational risk
- Reviewinternal loan related spreadsheets (e.g. funds flows) for accuracy andcompleteness
- Liaiseand coordinate pre-closing requirements with internal and external clients(i.e. Debt Capital Markets, Syndicate, Credit Risk, Loan and Agency Services,Product Control, Legal, Trade Settlements, Borrowers and Lenders)
- Reviewand advise on funding mechanics and operational requirements as it pertains tointernal booking locations, regional and currency policies
- Initiateand coordinate trade settlement process with ClearPar and internal tradesettlement team for Institutional Term Loan transactions
- Coordinateinternal KYC, FinCEN reviews and Flood due diligence
- Assistwith ad-hoc inquiries from Borrowers, Lenders, and Arrangers pertaining to theclosing process and ongoing maintenance
- Scheduleinternal conference calls to ensure pre-closing requirements have been met andresolve / escalate any outstanding issues
- Assistinternal colleagues with fee documentation and recognition
- Executionof best practices and control, risk mitigation and escalation point of contact
- Leadand act as SME in projects and providevaluable input with various working groups created to enhance performance andefficiency
- Undergraduatedegree and 7-10 years of Syndicated Loan operational and coordination experienceis required
- Extensive knowledgeof the loan product / Syndicated Loan business, including an understanding of acredit agreement, loan funding mechanics, complex deal structure, ticking fees,funds flows, etc.
- Ability to multi-task and drive execution andactivities of supporting teams through the practice of strong leadership, timemanagement, and organizational skills in a demanding, high energy, and fastpaced environment
- Provenability to influence and partner with team members and senior management acrossand within the lines of business to drive issues to resolution
- Motivated, pro-activeindividual who works well under pressure
- Provenability to communicate and highlight detailed closing requirements with a keenattention to detail, strong oral and written communication skills, and stronganalytical capability
- Provenability to review / comment / negotiate operational and regulatory terms withinlegal loan documentation (e.g., Credit Agreements, Term Sheets, Amendments,A&R Credit Agreements, Waivers, and Fee Letters).
- Demonstratesunderstanding of financial services, specifically within Investment Banking
- Priorexperience working with clients, counsel, front office counterparts to reviewpre-syndicated loan documentation ahead of closing large syndicated structures
- Ability tooperate in a challenging and rapidly changing environment with a desire toaccept new assignments and the ability to learn new principles and dynamicsystems quickly
- Criticaldecision-making abilities including the ability to identify, escalate, andpropose solutions to problems