Tax Accountant Analyst
Support Unit Head and Tax Unit staff with general and tax accounting and administrative duties Principal Responsibilities: Tax Accounting
- Prepare property tax returns
- Mizuho Foundation monthly accounting close - reconcile checking account, prepare investment and accounting analysis in Excel, data entry using QuickBooks
- Assist tax professionals in preparing corporate income tax returns and other tax compliance
- Assist tax professionals with information gathering
- Corporate tax software data entry
- Maintain Tax Calendar
- Maintain all departmental bookkeeping including estimated tax payments to taxing authorities
- Organize and maintain permanent tax files
- W-8/W-9 due diligence and form preparation for business departments upon request
- Maintain monthly/semester records of actual-to-budget expense reports including subsidiary billing and monthly time reports
- Act as Unit's timekeeper
- Maintain Tax Unit Library, including purchase and renewal of library materials
- Organize Unit Head's correspondence and records and follow up on pending matters
- Route or answer routine correspondence not requiring Unit Head's attention
- Schedule appointments and make arrangements for meetings, conferences, and travel
- Conduct in-house training as per Head Office requirements
- Handle all certified mail and special deliveries
- Maintain and reorder supplies as needed
3 years of experience as a tax analyst/administrative assistant with a general background in tax and accounting, preferably with tax or legal experience. Education:
Undergraduate degree, preferably in accounting or finance. Skills:
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; experienced Quickbooks user preferable Company Overview
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. Mizuho's operations in the Americas connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at mizuhoamericas.com.
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.