Tax Operations Team Leader
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Acupay System LLC
- 07 Nov 18
Acupay is a financial technology provider supporting securities processing and international tax relief. It provides innovative and efficient solutions to difficult, and often previously unworkable, operational and mechanical problems in securities issuances and international investment.
We are looking for an ambitious and customer focussed professional with exceptional operational, communication, and analytical skills, ideally with a background in tax operations or custody back office to lead our Tax Operations team (with a direct reporting line to the Co-Presidents).
Our ideal candidate will be team-oriented, organised and articulate. High motivation and flexibility, both personal and professional, are key. While people management experience is not necessarily required, the successful candidate will have a strong interest in developing their leadership skills.
This role could be based in either our London or New York office.
What you'll do:
- Accurately process and monitor tax relief requests (Relief at Source, Quick Refund, and Long Form Reclaims) in line with internal policies and the requirements of foreign tax agencies. Assume responsibility for the Operations Team’s performance against set targets
- Liaising with users of the Acupay System, constantly striving to offer exceptional customer service. Building strong client relationships and cross-selling other services.
- Building, supervising and motivating an excellent team of operational staff, leading them to achieve clear and meaningful team and individual objectives.
- In collaboration with the Business Analytics and IT teams, identify and develop new systems to ensure tax compliance and relief while continuously improving old processes looking for efficiencies and minimising risks.
- Creating operational processes, procedures and policies for new markets or driven by new regulatory or legal requirements. To that end, monitoring and reviewing tax law changes that affect existing operational processes, procedures and policies.
- Reviewing securities offering documentation to ensure synchronisation with operational processes.
What you'll bring to the role:
- Knowledge of withholding tax management and understanding of custody back office and relevant business & computer systems an advantage.
- Ability to manage people and/or to demonstrate a commitment to developing leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, including client communication and ability to mark up legal/procedural documents. Other languages are a large plus.
- Strong client focus and ability to lead client meetings and conference calls.
- Enthusiastic, self-driven, willing to go the extra mile and work at own initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure, to work independently as well as to be a team player, particularly across different sites and time zones.
- Proven ability to prioritise their own workload as well as that of others, to work to their own initiative and to identify improvements on an ongoing basis.
What you'll get from us:
- Competitive salary
- An annual performance based incentive
- A commitment to leadership and career development
If you think you'll be a great fit for this role, please send us your CV, cover letter and salary expectations. For more information on the job and on Acupay, please visit our website www.acupay.com