Technical Support Manager
The Employee Experience Support team is responsible for designing, deploying, and supporting Bloomberg's internal IT systems. This includes our global corporate network plus all of the hardware, software and enterprise applications used by nearly 21,000 employees in more than 170 state of the art offices around the world. We focus on enterprise solutions, productivity tools, and IT systems integration which helps move all of Bloomberg's businesses forward.
As part of the Employee Experience Support group, the Services Organization ensures that our global workforce has timely and critical technical support. We provide all the day-to-day hands on support for Desktops, Servers, Storage, Software, Networks and Telecoms systems keeping tens of thousands of employees productive. Bloomberg moves fast and so do we, constantly challenging ourselves to improve the way we do things as well as the technology and services we provide. The Opportunity:
We're looking for a Team Leader within the Services Organization for the New York Service Desk and Technician group. This team is critical to the smooth operation of our internal IT systems and forms Bloomberg's backbone, providing 1st, 2nd, and 3rd line IT support for all of our employees. The team supports PC's that are primarily running on Windows OS. In addition to PC support, the team support other systems such as Macs, mobile technology, and AV systems.
You will be the lead for this team striving for excellent customer service whilst taking a detail oriented approach to addressing customer needs quickly and efficiently. You will be responsible for using dashboards and Bloomberg terminal tools to help manage workload and escalations, and facilitate tasks via ticketing systems. We'll trust you to:
You need to have:
- Provide the oversight of Service Organization functions and ticketing systems
- Establish and ensure policies, procedures and documentation are adhered to
- Collaborate and build robust relationships with other IT Technical teams, Internal Business Units and customers
- Manage and deliver projects on time
- Provide excellent levels of customer service
- Create and present regular reports on team and individual performance
We'd love to see:
- Passion for technology
- Strong Leadership skills with the ability to motivate, coach and develop technical staff
- Excellent time management skills and a positive attitude
- Track-record and demonstrable understanding of IT operational disciplines, process work-flows, resource and problem management
- Ability to operate successfully in a global landscape and have the dedication to move towards standardization and continuous improvement of processes
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical employees
If this sounds like you:
- Experience working in an IT Service Desk or Technician Role
- Degree in Computer Science, Networks, IT Security, or similar field
- Knowledge of Cisco telephony
- Audio Visual support experience
- The ability to speak the language of code
Apply! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.