UX Product Designer
You will be responsible for the UX product design within S&P Ratings Technology. The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. This individual excels at providing both highly analytical as well as highly creative ideas to a design engagement. The candidate will also have extensive experience in a fast-paced and innovative development environment. A thorough understanding of contemporary user-centered design methodologies is a must. The Career Opportunity:
This is an opportunity to work within the Ratings Technology UX team which defines the user experience for our platforms and analytical applications. You will have the opportunity to work with project teams to help design and build products that our customers use daily. Responsibilities:
- Conduct user experience research to understand customer needs, opportunities and pain points.
- Develop mockups, user flows, wireframes, and prototypes to effectively communicate and validate designs.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards.
- Converting ideas quickly into design artifacts.
- Drive design collaboration and problem-solving sessions with design thinking.
- Conduct usability reviews to validate and improve interface designs.
- Gather and review UX focused metrics and provide recommendations based on those metrics.
- Stay current on all the tools, principles and practices in user-centered design and development, and drive for continuous improvement.
- Strong conceptualization ability, strong visual communication ability, drawing skills and sketchbook technique.
About S&P Global Ratings
- 5-7+ years of experience in the field of user experience and interaction design/development. Bachelor's degree in Human Computer Interaction or related field
- Experience in product design
- Experience creating wireframes, visual mockups, graphics, and user workflows
- Experience with user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams to bring products to market
- Familiarity with frameworks such as React, Angular, & Pega
- Experience with cross browser compatibility and performance
- Good understanding of Mobile and responsive design
- Passion for technology and design, and the drive to stay on top of industry trends and best practices
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
254035 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States