Vice President, Sales – Sell-Side Sales Segment (JR1009440)
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth. Broadridge employs over 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Great opportunity to join a leader in the fintech industry. Broadridge is experiencing strong growth and we are seeking a VP of Sales to join our high performing NYC based team. This is a quota-carrying position for a seasoned financial services sales professional who has the ability to manage complex sales cycles and execute in the delivery of sales results to contribute directly to annual sales targets. You will have proven experience in financial services/technology and/or SaaS/enterprise sales and/or consulting with the ability to establish, develop and maintain senior-level relationships across bank and broker-dealer accounts. Must be able to work in a highly collaborative sales environment and build and maintain productive working relationships with both internal and external clients and be results-oriented. Must also have detailed knowledge of the financial services market, specifically the general workings of wealth management and capital markets broker/dealer operations, as well as exposure to, or experience in, working in a high performing sales culture, and knowledge of b-to-b sales best practices. Responsibilities: Candidate must have the following skills, capabilities and background:
- Develop and maintain senior-level relationships across functional disciplines and responsibilities within accounts.
- Create sales content and messaging in a professional manner for client consumption; strong and polished presentation skills, to effectively represent Broadridge and its capabilities.
- Strong knowledge of the brokerage industry, specifically back and middle office brokerage operations, and must be able to quickly learn the details of our core offering, enough to drive client interest, qualify opportunities, grow pipeline and close sales.
- Consistent track record of successfully meeting and/or exceeding aggressive yet attainable annual quota targets offering a similar product to similar broker-dealer clients.
- Ability to identify new business opportunities within existing clients by cold calling and leveraging existing [internal and external] relationships and market products and services to existing client firms.
- Independently oversee and complete all aspects of the sales process, from pre-qualification to completion. The position requires high-level interaction with senior management at both the client and Broadridge.
- Follow a ""Playbook"" approach that includes the development of business cases and pricing, utilizing complex internal models. Provide direction internally by recommending improvements to current product set and business processes.
- Be accountable for and take ownership of all objectives, deliverables and commitments to these clients and internal partners related to the execution of new business.
- Develop strategic account plans to find opportunities to grow pipeline, sell appropriate Broadridge products and services and maximize revenue.
- Maintain a constant awareness of current and planned development of Broadridge products and continuously engage with clients to keep them abreast of product information.
- Responsible for providing management with all requested sales reports and supporting correspondence, including the utilization of the sales management tool [Salesforce.com].
- Attend trade shows, conferences or other industry-related events to help strengthen existing Broadridge and client relationships, develop new relationships, remain current on industry issues, increase awareness of competitive offerings, and promote Broadridge products and services.
- Manage internal resources to provide the necessary expertise and support during the sales process including legal, finance, product specialists, and senior management.
- Lead all activities and alignment of required resources across Broadridge to ensure the successful and timely closing of sales.
- 8-10 years of prior success selling to senior level financial services executives.
- Extensive sales experience in the financial services/brokerage industry.
- Overall industry knowledge, with an ability to quickly learn the Broadridge product set.
- Demonstrate a consistent record of success achieving sales quotas. Candidates should be prepared to be measured against annual sales results and how they compared to annual quotas.
- Ability to constantly meet and or exceed annual quota assignments, build a pipeline, effectively forecast and meet quarterly quota assignments.
- Must be an excellent time manager, qualifier and negotiator.
- Superior written and oral presentation skills are a must.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to travel to client sites, up to 50% of the time
- BS in business or related field, MBA preferred