Wealth Management Risk - Investment Risk Quant Developer
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and prosper.
Wealth Management Risk functions as an in-business risk unit to provide risk assessment and risk management for products offered within Wealth Management. WM Investment Risk oversees investment risks arising from Morgan Stanley's various discretionary asset management activities, as currently exercised in Financial Advisor, Firm-affiliated, and Client discretionary programs. The Investment Risk team is a data-driven group that uses analytical methods to assess risks in client portfolios. The team is seeking an experienced programmer to join the quantitative modeling team, performing day-to-day development and code maintenance, as well as provide support for ad hoc analyses and strategic projects through data processing and numerical methods. In addition to working with WM Risk, the developer will also collaborate with the Business, IT, Legal and Compliance, and Field Management.
The developer will be responsible for collecting, processing, and analyzing data from various sources. The successful developer will be expected to work independently as well as part of a team to execute the full cycle of quantitative analysis. This includes sourcing raw data, transforming data as necessary and using data to draw sound conclusion or help drive policy. This role requires familiarity with datasets larger than four million records and to build automated and scalable tools for reporting and analysis. The developer will need to take initiative and responsibility to drive tasks forward. In addition to data management, the ability to reach conclusions quickly and consistently will be critical to being successful in this role. *LI-JG1 Qualifications:
Qualifications and Experience
• Strong knowledge of ANSI SQL. SQL is a job requirement.
• R and/or Python are also required skills for the role.
• Practical experience with applying statistical models to solve business problems
• At least a working knowledge of financial risk management concepts, with a desire to quickly acquire deeper proficiency
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and comfortable interfacing with senior personnel on highly sensitive issues
• Team player with a strong work ethic and high level of maturity
• Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree a strong plus. 2+ years of relevant work experience
• CFA or FRM or progress towards one of the two a plus *LI-JG1