The Quality Assurance Architect will implement the QA vision and strategic plan within the global business. The QA Architect is responsible for contributing to the vision, long term strategy, and roadmap of the QA group within the organization. The QA Architect will ensure that the QA Architecture function materially accelerates the productivity of the development, QA, business, and operations teams through automation and repeatable processes.
• Design, develop and maintain a modular, extensible, and reusable test automation harness and scripts.
• Initiate test automation improvements.
• Drive manual testing teams towards automation and reduce the load and increase the testing efficiency with automation checks
• Perform code reviews for automation tests and frameworks.
• Drive new POCs to reduce the manual testing efforts with new tools / technologies in the market.
• Lead test planning and execution activities. Participate in various design, backlog discussions.
• Maintain SLAs around QA Automation execution time and success rates across our applications.
• Continuously improvising on tests, identify test gaps and come-up with ways to bridge those gaps.
• Experience with working in an Agile environment and CI/CD driven testing culture
• Train and mentor others to improve the automated testing skills of the whole QA team.
• Provide technical vision for highly complex ideas and issues to varied audiences including various management levels.
• Initiate and lead strategic quality initiatives for the department (e.g. test data management, environment virtualization, security testing, developer and unit test assistance).
• Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor's degree).
• 5+ years of enterprise software testing experience within all phases of software testing including test planning, functional testing, regression testing, and designing test architecture.
• 3+ years of testing automation experience.
• Strong experience in QA activities throughout all stages of the SDLC.
• Excellent understanding of Web-based technology architecture and data structures
• Experience in testing/deployment of applications in public Cloud environments with a mindset towards CI/CD
• Extensive quality experience in a large-scale SaaS application, preferably running in AWS.
• Experience in design principles for QA automation, performance, and load testing
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Excellent analytical and diagnostic skills as well as attention to detail
• Critical thinking skills to analyze complex business/technical requirements for ambiguities and discrepancies
• Working knowledge of test methodologies, processes, and tools (Selenium, Python or any programming language, Appium, JIRA, STLC, Test Management tool -ALM , Zephyr).
• Experience using SaaS based QA toolsets and frameworks.
• Aptitude for thinking outside the box to develop and execute complex test strategies: i.e., service level, component, functional, regression, automation, performance, mobile, and end-to-end, etc.
• Ability to investigate a defect, isolate its probable cause, provide a reliable method for reproducing it.
• Excellent understanding of the QA processes, methodologies, and Software Testing Lifecycle
• Deep experience planning artifacts that support the implementation of shift-left testing and white box/grey box testing objectives
• Experience analyzing application architecture seeking to identify additional testing entry points to reduce project risk
• Experience designing and implementing modules for scalable, configurable, and robust test automation or performance testing frameworks.
• Extensive knowledge of architectures and technical standards
• Proficient in new and emerging technologies. Negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law. Click here to view our Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination statement.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.