Automation Engineer Austin, TX/en-US/Q2/job/Austin-TX/Automation-Engineer_REQ-3534/apply
Were seeking Automation Engineer a to join the Q2 Infrastructure Operations team. The successful candidate would be providing exceptional service and uptime necessary to provide millions of end users with anytime, anywhere access to Q2s Online Banking application. As an Infrastructure Automation Engineer, you will help build tools for automation, analytics collection, provisioning and management of Servers, Storage, Network infrastructure and virtualization. Create an API driven infrastructure to help keep up with the company's fast development pace. You will develop tools for both on premise and cloud-based infrastructure across a wide variety of platforms including Linux, Windows, VMware, AWS/GCP/Azure.
Essential Job Functions
- Able to consume/develop RESTful API web services
- Highly Proficient in multiple modern object-oriented programming languages and an expert in one. (Ruby/Go/Python)
- Proficient in developing against various DB back-ends. Experience in Web development concepts and UI design.
- Experience with Linux and Windows scripting, including bash/perl/python and Powershell Experience with graphing and analytics tools (Graphite/Grafana)
- Experience with CI/CD deployment Proficient in large multi-location network core services (VLAN, DNS, IPv4, DHCP) Recent experience evaluating and solving business problems with code
- Assist with 4000+ VM servers in an Active Directory environment, ensuring that this environment has high availability
- Actively contribute to the configuration, layout and performance tuning of the production infrastructure
- Participate in the development of high availability and Disaster Recovery application architecture for applications in coordination with application engineers
- Support upgrade and go-live activities related to new customer onboarding projects
- Attend and actively participate in weekly meetings
- Participate in projects while working with the workgroup to achieve defined goals within set timelines
- Modify, maintain and update software, performed through a practice of Change Management, Configuration Management and Release Management
- Responsible for ensuring that all security, availability, confidentiality and privacy policies and controls are adhered to
- Bachelors degree in Information Systems or Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 4 7 years previous related experience
- Knowledge of multiple infrastructure technologies including storage, network, backups, virtualization
- Configuration management using Puppet/Ansible Understanding of container technologies such as Docker
- Contribute to best practices and programming standards using Github Ability to think multi-dimensionally about problems and your proposed solutions and how a single change can impact entire environments.
- Experience with lights out datacenter management
- Comfortable working in a complex symbiotic system of teams
- Desire to build solutions, frameworks for your solutions, and ecosystems for your frameworks Highly customer oriented, enjoys both teaching to, and learning from, customers.
- Use professional concepts to solve a variety of problems
- Ability to work on problems of diverse scope, where analysis of situation requires a review of identifiable factors
- Must be able to exercise judgment within defined procedures to determine appropriate action
- Must have strong organizational and multi-tasking skills to prioritize workload in a fast paced environment
- Must work effectively within a team environment
- Moderate-to-Advanced knowledge and troubleshooting of Windows Server 2008/2012
- Moderate-to-Advanced knowledge and troubleshooting of Linux operating systems, particularly Red Hat or CentOS
- Moderate-to-Advanced Advanced knowledge and troubleshooting of Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy
- Moderate-to-Advanced Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Internet Information Services and/or NGINX websites
- VMWare VCP6 Certification
- Knowledge and troubleshooting experience of MS SQL Server 2008/2012 and MySQL databases
- Experience with Systems Administration in Public Cloud Datacenters such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
Posted YesterdayFull timeREQ-3534
Q2 is a financial experience company headquartered in Austin, Texas. Driven by a mission to build stronger communities by strengthening the financial institutions that serve them, we empower banks, credit unions, and other financial services providers to be an ever-present companion on an account holders financial journey. Combining the leading features, integrations, and operations capabilities in the market with data-driven insights, open technology, and a unique problem-solving process to drive emotions and outcomes, Q2 helps our customers unlock new opportunities, grow faster, and improve efficiencies.
To build stronger communities by strengthening their financial institutions. We do it with our purpose-driven culture, and by helping banks and credit unions stand apart in their communities. Were a growing team of high-performing self-starters who are passionate about creativity and exploration in every challenge.
To ensure that our nations financial institutions are equipped to provide for their communities financial needs, today and tomorrow.
To empower financial institutions to be the ever-present companion on their account holders financial journey. We do this by using data-driven insights, open technology, and unique problem-solving approaches to help FIs deliver exceptional experiences for their account holders.