Senior User Interface Developer - C# WPF
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.84 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,700 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: We are PIMCO
, a global investment management firm with a singular focus on preserving and enhancing investors' assets. We manage investments for institutions, financial advisors and individuals, helping millions of people around the world meet their financial goals.
Our technology powers the firm's global trading platform. We employ sophisticated and cutting edge technology tools that support PIMCO's core investment management strategy. Why PIMCO?
At PIMCO you will join a dynamic, constantly evolving global firm that pushes you to grow, lead and innovate. You will be client- focused and work on technologies that will be put to immediate use. You will be part of a team whose members are encouraged to speak up with an idea or challenge existing views, regardless of title or tenure. You will have the opportunity to receive competitive compensation and other attractive benefits (Please see below). PIMCO's Technology Team
is organized in small, focused, agile groups, that either work closely with business units to deliver value or develop core technologies that lever the product teams. Our environment fosters innovation and promotes entrepreneurial spirit, and we use top of the line tools. PIMCO recognizes the paramount role of tech now and in the future and invests in technology accordingly. Technology careers are available in Newport Beach, Austin, New York, London, Munich, Singapore and Tokyo.
We are seeking a Senior UI developer with strong expertise with C# WPF in Austin, Texas. As part of this team we will work across a broad set of technologies such as C#, HTML5, React, Angular, Java & Python. While initially working on C# WPF UI development, the role will give the candidate opportunities to define and execute on the UI platform transformation. The current challenges being solved by the team touch areas across distributed systems, parallel computing, scalability improvements, DSL design, and UI enablement for business users. Our team culture in centered on agile principles thereby enabling the candidate to make rapid contributions in a fast paced environment. RESPONSIBILITIES
As a key member of the team we are responsible for design, development and support of key software solutions in Guidance Compliance Technology. You will also be expected to mentor and train other development team members on the solutions we create. You will also be expected to maintain expertise on emerging standards related to HTML5 development and knowledge of at least one major framework (React, Angular, etc.). In addition you will be responsible for writing clean and testable code that can serve as a model for other developers in the firm. Position Requirements:
- 5+ years recent development experience in C# WPF
- Expert in building complex WPF applications in C# using a MVVM framework such as Microsoft Prism
- Ability to design and implement visually compelling screens using Blend/XAML including custom control templates, Dynamic Resources for Theming, etc.
- Mastery of Dependency Injection using Unity of other DI frameworks
- Mastery of Unit Testing/TDD with an expectation of high code coverage, expertise in the use of mocks, etc.
- Experience in one major HTML5 framework (React, Angular, etc.) a plus
- Experience in Java & Python a plus
- Bachelor's degree in computer science
- Ability to design application interfaces including information architecture and interaction design
- Ability to architect efficient and reusable software abstractions
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) required
- Knowledge of open source libraries across a broad set of domains
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office