Subscription Management Engineering Lead
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.84 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,700 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO delivers marketing, thought leadership and fund literature content to its worldwide subscriber audience. As a Subscription Management System (SMS) Technology Platform Engineering Lead you will provide strategic and technical direction to evolve and enhance the capabilities of the platform. Evaluation of current state challenges and future state implementation to ensure PIMCO delivers a next generation subscription experience and technology.
You will focus on crafting and developing solutions within the Sales & Marketing technology organization. As an engineering lead, you will be expected to lead the development, collaborate with business partners throughout the organization and lead the full software development lifecycle from requirements through analysis, design architecture and implementation.
You are an excellent communicator with business partners, management and software developers alike, displaying a deep technical understanding of our platform along with strong analysis and design skills. Your business partners will be the product stakeholders who you will partner with to outline business priorities, and the development of a shared vision.
This role requires strong knowledge of agile methodologies and deep understanding of the software development process, including third party product integration, inter-team dependencies - interface definitions, service API's and communication. You will be a "hands on" lead that will provide senior level technical and management direction on enterprise level applications and projects across the marketing technology teams.
Creative and forward thinking: You should be passionate about opportunities to develop and deliver scalable solutions that address complex, evolving and sometimes conflicting business needs.
Good interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to work well with both technology and business colleagues; including the ability to thoughtfully present to senior leaders. Responsibilities:
- Collaborate and liaise with the business team to understand the scope of the program / project, goals, and success criteria while enabling the development team to progress product initiatives with a focus on deadlines.
- Evaluate the benefits of cloud vs on-premise solutions and how to best architect key capabilities of the system to deliver a modern and excellent client experience.
- Experience evolving legacy on-premise systems to improve stability and scalability while maintaining critical and regulatory compliant operations.
- Be able to effectively allocate resource and effort among available development team
- Analyze current product offerings to identify gaps or inefficiencies, look for enhancement opportunities and react creatively to those challenges by providing an out of the box approach to product enhancement.
- Assist in the identification and implementation of short-term and long-term solution options, including risk assessments, and recommendations to business and technology peers.
- Be able to define technical use cases from functional requirements or business features.
- Knowledge and expertise in defining, designing and converting business data into logical and physical data design.
- Be able to create application design using Agile Modelling Techniques.
- You have a minimum of ten (10) years of software engineering experience.
- You have 5+ years of experience as an engineering lead.
- You possess 5+ years of relevant experience in Marketing Business domain.
- A strong knowledge of web technologies like HTML5, CSS, JSON, MVC, Web API
- You are an authority on unit testing, code management tools and design tools.
- You have excellent collaborative problem-solving capabilities, communication and visual design skills.
- You have experience with the organization, planning and maintenance of large-scale code bases.
- You can effectively present information for discussion (technical, project status, and issues) across various diverse audiences, including higher levels within the business.
- You have experience with diverse data platforms, including but not limited to both structured and unstructured databases (includes - Oracle/ SQL Server/ Mongo).
- You have demonstrable experience on distributed version control tools.
- You have experience with software development lifecycle methodologies such as Agile/Scrum and Waterfall and Agile Tools such as Jira or Version One.
- PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. These benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage from your first day of employment.
- 401k Savings and Retirement Plan.
- Work/Life Programs such as Flexible Work Arrangements, Parental Leave & Support, Employee Assistance Plan, and Educational/CFA Certification Reimbursement Programs.
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office.