ClearFactr UX Developer - ClearFactr
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Goldman Sachs Core Engineering is building out its ClearFactr team and is looking for a front-end engineer. ClearFactr is a spreadsheet platform purpose-built for financial modeling.
It enables users to create an integrated ecosystem out of otherwise dispersed, distributed and disconnected financial models.
It can be used via a spreadsheet-like user interface within a web browser, and/or programmatically via APIs.
It combines unique approaches to modeling clarity, powerful low/no-code analytics, and collaboration to solve a wide variety of risk, modeling and workflow challenges throughout the firm.
ClearFactr is at the forefront of Goldman Sachs' migration to the cloud. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• We are looking for a talented and passionate engineer who thrives in an extremely entrepreneurial, fast paced environment. This is a high visibility role, backed by some of the senior-most leaders of the firm, and as such, will require creativity and drive to deliver on an ambitious roadmap. SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
• Hands-on programmer with 3+ years of recent Java experience
• Experience with Google Web Toolkit (GWT), ideally via Sencha's GXT product
• Ability to design, implement and manage complex asynchronous program flows (i.e., the classical definition of "event-driven programming") Preferred Qualifications
• Experience with financial modeling concepts and challenges a major plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication, and collaboration skills
• Ability to iterate effectively with dedicated UX Design and front-end QA team members ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.