Full Stack Developer / Développeur Intern - Cognizant Career Accelerator (H/F)
Full Stack Developer Internship (Dallas, TX) - Cognizant Career Accelerator About Cognizant
At Cognizant, we consider it our responsibility to make people feel at home in the future, no matter how technology enabled it becomes. So we are committed to helping solve some of humankind's most difficult challenges in a way that is beneficial and comfortable for people through the work we do. We engineer modern businesses to improve everyday life.
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Internship Program Overview
Cognizant is looking for talented individuals to join our team in the Dallas, Texas market as Full Stack Developer Interns. We believe in a strong, friendly, engineering culture. Our goal as a team is to build a uniquely fun and growth-oriented culture of thinkers. You will be paired with experienced architects and developers to guide you in architecture and production-ready code practices. We work with the best of the best!
Cognizant's Internship Program is a training program broken into two segments: a four-week, full-time, intensive in-person portion followed by an eight-week, part-time virtual portion. The full-time portion runs from mid-December 2020 through mid-January 2021 and the part-time portion runs from early March 2020 through late April 2021. During the internship program, participants will learn the essential skills needed to become a Full Stack Developer at Cognizant. Upon successful completion, top program graduates will be offered the opportunity to work as a Full Stack Developer at Cognizant. Learn more about Cognizant Digital Engineering and life at Cognizant here:
As a Full Stack Developer, you will have the opportunity to work on complex emerging technologies for some of the world's leading companies. You will build technical and professional skills through robust training sessions with technology professionals across North America. We also provide career counseling and mentoring where you will connect with our leaders and build your network. Throughout your first two years at Cognizant, we will closely monitor your progress and offer coaching, training and support to help you achieve your long-term career goals at Cognizant. The Cognizant internship will help you gain the following qualifications:
Once you have successfully completed the internship program and join full-time, your responsibilities will include:
- Full-stack development experience (using frameworks such as React, AngularJS or NodeJS)
- Hands-on experience with object-oriented programming languages (C/C#, Python, Scala or Java)
- Knowledge of Cloud based architecture (for example: GCP or AWS or Azure)
- Knowledge of DevOps
- Exposure to Agile development methodologies
- Understanding of TDD practices and experience with Unit Testing
- Working in a diverse, experienced, agile team to define requirements and develop end-to-end solutions.
- Full DevOps implementation of production-ready code from inception through delivery and production readiness.
- Practicing the Agile methodology of software delivery.
- Developing, coding, unit testing, and debugging new highly complex software solutions or enhancements to existing software. Analyze, debug and/or assist in problem solving.
Successful candidates should possess the following qualifications:
- Enrolled in an Associate's Degree program, currently pursuing a computer science, information technology or similar degree
- Strong interest in learning new technologies
- Commitment to launching a career in the tech industry
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with global project teams
- Applicants must be willing to be located in the Dallas, TX area
- Cognizant will not sponsor H-1B or other U.S. work authorization, or lawful permanent residence (otherwise known as a "Green Card") for these roles
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Oct 14 2020
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.