Principal Engineer Full Stack
DigitalEngineering Digital Architect
Ifyou're like us, you've got big ideas. At Cognizant, we're exploring new ideasevery day. We help industry leading companies reinvent their business modelsand innovate products that create new value—by connecting people with things,insights and experiences. Cognizantdigital engineering
designs,engineers, and delivers digital products and experiences that drivedigital-first business models. We offer the most comprehensive digitalengineering expertise and client-centric methodology for sustainableinnovation. Job Summary
Cognizant is looking for a dynamic architect with experiencedesigning and developing complex software systems and applications. Theindividual will work with product owners, subject matter experts, and productmanagers to design and deliver customer value. The role is expected tolead several software engineers in the delivery of custom cloud nativeapplications. The individual in this role will ensure that best practicesare followed and that quality code is delivered. Lastly, Cognizant needsan individual that loves to collaborate with other technologists and enjoysmentoring and coaching. Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
· Works with product owner and developers to groomproduct backlog
· Provides guidance on continuous integration andtest-driven development practices
· Develops API strategy for the overallapplication
· Helps drive Agile ceremonies including iterationplanning, standups and retrospectives
· Develops cloud deployment model of application
· As needed, develops and tests code for UI,services and integration tiers of an application component
· As needed, codes in a developer-pair as part ofan Agile product-focused software development team
· Works with clients to understand business casefor adopting cloud native approach to developing software
· Develops technology strategy for engagement
· Facilitates removal of client technical barriersto engagement success
· Ensures technical collaboration between podteams
· Technology competency areas – Cloud Native, Microservicesand APIs,Reactive Systems, Analytics & Streaming Pipelines, Devops – CI/CD Key Qualifications:
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related Engineering subjects
- Minimum of 7 years of experience as an application developer
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as and application architect
· Deep understanding of software programmingfundamental concepts
· Codes software components using Modern front-endframework (e.g. Angular or React), .NET, .NET Core, relational databases andmessage queues
· Develops approaches to testing and writes unittests using xUnit, NUnit, or other test frameworks
· Creates and maintains CI builds using AzureDevops, Jenkins, Concourse or similar tool
· Deep understanding of microservices architectureconcepts and how to implement them
· Has understanding of Identity management fundamentalsand has experience using at least one of (AAD, Cognito, Okta, PingIdentity,Auth0, or similar IAM provider)
· Has worked with at least one private or publiccloud platform such as Azure, AWS, GCP, OpenShift, or Cloud Foundry
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Experience in designing and deploying cloud-native enterprise applications in public or private cloud
- In-depth understanding of Domain Drive Design, SOLID design principles, and 12-Factor applications
- Experience with continuous integration/deployment tools and best practices in DevOps
· Has led Agile development teams
- Demonstrated project management leadership
Ittakes a lot to succeed in today's fast-paced market, and Cognizant TechnologySolutions has become a leader in the industry. We love big ideas and evenbigger dreams. We stand out because we put human experiences at the core.
Ourassociates enjoy robust benefits and training opportunities from our industryrecognized, award winning Academy team. You will have access to hundreds oftechnical training to keep your skillsets fresh and have opportunities toobtain certifications on the latest technologies.
Everythingwe do at Cognizant we do with passion—for our clients, our communities, and ourorganization. It's the defining attribute that we look for in our people.
Ifyou're comfortable with ambiguity, excited by change, and excel throughautonomy, we'd love to hear from you!
Cognizantis recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of theVeteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans inbuilding and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage theleadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in themthrough participation in military service. Cognizantis an equal opportunity employer
provider and committed to creating a diverseenvironment. Cognizant considers all applicants without regard to race, creed,color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital and family status, disabilities,sexual orientation or preference, veteran status or any other classificationprotected by state, federal or local law . AboutCognizant
Headquartered in the U.S,Cognizant is a member of the S&P-500, Nasdaq-100, Fortune 200, and wasrecently ranked as the #1 Fastest Growing “All Star” by Fortune Magazine.Cognizant leverages a highly flexible business model, a seamless globaldelivery network, and deep domain expertise to deliver to a long list ofworld-class companies that are leaders in their own space.