Senior Infrastructure Engineer
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) specializes in creating comprehensive wealth management plans for high net worth individuals and families, as well as select institutions, including foundations and endowments. PWM Teams work one-on-one with clients to advise and deliver customized strategies drawn from our deep investment experience, diverse wealth management capabilities and global reach. Our Private Wealth Advisors (PWAs) deliver an unparalleled investment platform inclusive of the full product and service offerings of Goldman Sachs and beyond, which may include tax and estate planning, philanthropic planning and private banking and lending services. As client needs evolve, this close relationship allows the team to offer complementary services and new opportunities by leveraging the resources of Goldman Sachs and beyond
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
As a member of the Service & Support team, the Infrastructure Engineer - Server is responsible for working with the other members of the Technology Service & Support team and our external business partners, to provide support to United Capital (a Goldman Sachs company) employees. Areas of responsibilities:
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Manage United Capitals server Infrastructure (including Azure), maintenance and performance. This includes system hardware support, diagnosis, software support (operating system, Active Directory permissions, backups and restorations, patch management, scheduled maintenance, disk space capacity management, event management including monitoring / troubleshooting).
- Resolve ad-hoc IT emergencies / day to day operational issues and work closely with decision makers in other departments to proactively identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. Documents and drives best practices through process improvement. Solves complex problems, given the limitations of resource, process and technology.
- Act as an escalation point for Tier 1 support team. Monitor and update Tier 2 support queues and tickets. Provides team members with guidance and direction in solving support problems. Oversees management for outsource vendors and partners. Ensures SLAs are met and ongoing partnerships are fostered. This includes providing support activities to keep production-related systems running with high availability, availability to perform after hours maintenance and on-call support.
- Research, architecture, design, installation, integration, support and optimization on a wide variety of technologies as a part of the information technology infrastructure environment. Designs and implements physical and cloud infrastructure to meet the customers functional and cost requirements and operational agreements.
- Participates and often leads work on new project installations, system/infrastructure upgrades and system/infrastructure performance management. Manage the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of assigned projects while ensuring that quality, timeliness, and performance to specification are met.
- This position requires a proactive approach and an ability to independently carry out the duties of the position. Candidate should have a friendly, outgoing personality and should be comfortable working as a member of the Technology Team in Dallas as well as collaborating remotely with other corporate teams and regional offices, as needed.
- Define and implement IT policies, procedures, and best practices and must have a clear understanding of how any technology being implemented will benefit United Capitals overall operations and business goals.The ideal candidate will exhibit high standards, excellent communication skills, good judgment, and an ability to take initiative, and prioritize daily tasks. The ability to effectively manage time and multi-task with attention to detail is critical to this role. Members of the Technology Service & Support team must be confident about decision-making, at times, during uncertain circumstances and extreme time pressure.
- The successful candidate should be able to quickly establish rapport, credibility, trust, and respect with peers and senior executives. He/she will be expected to be open-minded in choosing the best technology solutions to fulfill business needs, and to challenge the thinking of other members of the management team when appropriate.
- Areas of responsibilities for this position listed here are expected to grow / mature with the needs of Technology Service & Support team and technology integration requirements between United Capital Goldman Sachs.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Education: BA/BS or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in direct IT infrastructure support (Required)
- Hands-on experience in Server architectures, LDAP, and Active Directory (Required)
- Working knowledge of SSL/TLS certificates, Group Policy and Scripting (Preferred)
- Prior experience in deployment of End User facing technologies (Required)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Azure and G Suite Administration (Preferred)
- Working knowledge of Exchange Administration (Preferred)
- Experience with software deployment (SCCM/Altiris) and patch management (Preferred)
- Data migration experience (Preferred)
- Experience managing license usage and reporting (Preferred)
- ITIL Foundations certification (preferred), or willing to obtain after hire
- Proven track record of driving initiatives, proactively developing practical solutions and ideas that add value to the organization
- Strong collaboration skills, actively creating and maintaining productive and participative working relationships with others.
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with co-workers and management
- Strong sense of ownership and willingness to accept responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to probe, diagnose and resolve/manage customer issues/expectations.
- Ability to define and implement standards, guidelines, best practices and metrics.
- Strong working knowledge of hardware, software, and networking technologies.
- Ability to drive innovation and efficiency of systems management tools and processes
- Strong organizational,time management, and project management skills.
- Interface with both user and IT customers on technical issues
- Strong sense of ownership and willingness to accept responsibility
- Possess excellent problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills
- Operate effectively as part of a larger team and in managing own work
- Prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Travel Requirements: Occasional travel (less than 20%) for office relocation projects, new firm / partner acquisitions install and configure, maintenance or onsite visits.