Executive Director: Plastics Sustainability Service
IHS Markit is seeking an Executive Director, Plastics Sustainability Service who will lead the Plastics Sustainability organization.
OMDC brings together unrivalled expertise in oil markets, refined products and chemicals to provide information and insight products that critically inform the strategic investment and operational decisions made by both industry and the financial sector. Our offerings include crucial price benchmarks, comprehensive asset databases, short and long-term market forecasts, analysis of industry dynamics and company strategies and tools to enable comparison and benchmarking of operational efficiency and production. Responsibilities
The Executive Director will lead IHS Markit's plastics sustainability platform:
- Serve as the external face to the industry for IHS Markit's plastics sustainability activities.
- Establish strategy and direction for growth of the service.
- Lead and develop the plastics sustainability organization to meet current objectives and position the team for growth and expansion.
- Position the service with government and financial entities, industry stakeholders (producers, brand owners, retailer), NGOs and stakeholder alliances including but not limited to the Alliance to End Plastics Waste, Ellen McArthur Foundation, UN Environmental Programme and the EU Commission.
- Establish strong relationships with leaders in Government, NGOs and Industry stakeholders to further advance HIS Markit's position in the space.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the technologies for collection, sorting and recycling of plastics waste and implications from advancements in IND 4.0 and other market disruptors.
- Assure strong cooperation of intra-company expertise to support platform deliverables.
- Regular travel to meet with Government, NGOs and Industry Stakeholders.
Broad-based experience in the petrochemical industry which supports the following attributes:
- An understanding of the mechanical and chemical recycling processes and technologies.
- Expertise in the commercial drivers within the marketplace.
- Knowledge of technology providers and integrated base chemical producers, plastics markets and stakeholders.
- A robust network of established contacts in the plastics and recycling industries.
- Must be computer literate and conversant with the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- The preferred location is the IHS Markit office in Houston and the candidate must be willing to travel globally as necessary.
- Degree in chemical engineering or chemistry. MBA preferred.
- Excellent English communication skills (Verbal and Written).
- 10+ years' relevant experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate and develop relationships at the senior levels of the petrochemical industry, governments, industry stakeholders & alliances and NGOs.
- Experience with various chemical process technologies, technology analysis and valuations and a proven ability to quickly gain an applied understanding of a new industry area, including waste management.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex technical content.
- Familiarity with the use of analytical tools such as databases, spreadsheets, process documenting and business intelligence applications.
- Ideal candidate has experience/knowledge of data visualization applications, data analysis and data modelling.
- Someone who is keen to pursue a leadership role in the transition of plastics to a circular model.
- The ideal candidate should enjoy working with industry leaders, government officials and major NGOs across multiple regions.
- A proven ability to lead multiple initiatives running in parallel, prioritizing and leveraging strong organizational and project management skills.
- Must be highly motivated able to work with minimum supervision and be able to work effectively and efficiently within a flexible global team environment.
- The ideal candidate will need to be detail oriented and task driven with a strong work ethic and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong investigative ability and curiosity to understand and solve problems and data issues.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure to achieve set deadlines and with a high attention to detail.
- Must have strong interpersonal, analytical and communication skills (written and oral) and strong strategic thinking. Experience of public speaking to small and large groups is an advantage.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team to achieve results.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.