Infrastructure Support- Demand Planner
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team of innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you'll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You'll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you-and the products you deliver-will thrive.
As an experienced Infrastructure Support professional, your relentless dedication to innovation will have a positive ripple effect on both innovation and the people who make it. You'll put your experience to work across the board, leading an incredibly talented team in areas like Change Management, Incident and Problem Management. You'll be responsible for management communication and client relationship management. You'll use your critical thinking skills to establish the team's functional goals and set priorities and objectives that align with our overall strategy. You'll oversee areas like incident management, change management, impact identification, management communication, Risk and Controls, client relationship management, service improvement, discovery/gathering/documenting of business needs and data and requirements. You'll coach, manage and mentor people, both in-house and in working collaboration with our talented and dedicated problem-solving technologists across the JPMorgan Chase & Co. global network.
Infrastructure Lifecycle management (ILM) is responsible for managing the Line of business Infrastructure requirements for server and storage products end to end from Demand management to Decommissioning. The main functions involved are the Supply Chain Operations, Customer Engagement and Experience, Infrastructure Build, Refresh and Decommissioning.
As a Demand Planner you'll call on your experience to understand customer infrastructure requirements and verify that projects have been effectively planned for. As a team, you and your peers will be responsible for collecting and analyzing requirements data with service owners, tracking infrastructure provisioning through the supply chain process. And while you will be part of a tight-knit team of engineers who share your passion for technology, you'll also gain access the best minds in the business-both as part of the JPMorgan Chase & Co. global technology community, and through our partnerships with some of the most important tech firms in the world. Key Responsibilities include:
- Collect and analyse complex demand data for reporting and/or performance (trend) analysis
- Understand strategic business direction and potential impacts on demand (and therefore supply) plans
- Prepare a broad variety of reports and provide data and management information
- Analyse customer forecasts, identify areas of concern, and review with the Lines of Business
- Support the monthly demand planning cycle.
- Update demand planning systems to facilitate the gathering and processing of forecast data.
- Partner with Infrastructure Lifecycle Management (ILM) colleagues to ensure customer demand is met.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- 5 years of data reporting, analysis and delivery experience.
- Advanced understanding of business technology drivers and their impact on architecture design, performance and monitoring, best practices and JPMC policies.
- Supply chain experience, specifically in demand planning and management, is highly desirable.
- Proficient in multiple infrastructure technologies.
- Adept at partnering closely with, and acting as a trusted advisor to, stakeholders across the firm in order to influence strategic priorities.
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Supply Chain Management, Economics, or related field required.
- Expert level MS Office skills with Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to write necessary queries using SQL or other language in an effort to rationalize / normalize data from disparate systems.
- Experience with forecasting and productivity tracking is desired.
- Self-starter with the ability to think creatively and laterally.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience with Business Intelligence & Data Visualization platforms (e.g. Qlikview, Qlik Sense) is desirable.
- Strong organizational skills, and ability to track large amounts of data and activities.
- Detail-oriented, with strong issue resolution skills.
- Strong oral and written communication and ability to multi-task.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
Ready to use your expertise and experience to drive change? Apply today.