Senior Java Software Engineer
Our Global Technology Infrastructuregroup is a team rewarded with innovators who love technology as much as you do.Together, you'll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused
approachto develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You'll workin a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you-and theproducts you deliver-will thrive.
As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you'll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
This role is for a Software Engineer related to the JPMC implementation of the BitBucket product. This will include developing integrations with the core BitBucket product and other internal applications through the creation and leverage of API's. In addition this role will be responsible for the development of utilities, automation and reporting related to the software development lifecycle as it relates to source code management. In addition to general programming language experience, candidates should have proven experience with source code management products (repository structure, branching strategies, build integration). Specific knowledge and experience with BitBucket is preferred especially around installing and setting up Bitbucket Data center software, using and integrating with the BitBucket API's and knowledge with Bitbucket configuration
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of architecture, design and business processes
- Proficiency in modern programming languages
- Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
- Working understanding of the Bitbucket Data Center architecture
- Advanced Java or Python experience with writing, extending and peer reviewing code, REST web services, SQLs.
- Experience with SQL databases - Oracle
- Drive for improvement and understanding and addressing root-level causes
- Experience in automating processes and integrating products
- Experience in highly scalable solutions leveraging REST/web service, caching servers, SOAP, HTTP, SSH
- Experience with multi-threading and concurrency preferred
- Experience with end to end application performance tuning preferred
- Experience with working in a Dev/Ops or SRE model preferred
- Experience and/or awareness of full infrastructure stack a plus
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.