Senior Product Manager, Analytics Platforms
Senior Product Manager, Data Science Workbench The Role
: S&P Global Platts is seeking a Senior Product Manager to drive the development, roadmap, design and build of its next generation Data Science and Analytics Workbench platform. Grade
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 12 The Location:
Houston, Denver Our vision:
To create an enterprise-grade suite of tools for company-wide data exploration, modelling and generation of insights, consolidating legacy models and preparing Platts to exploit the power of machine learning. The Team:
Reporting to the Senior Director Product Development, the successful candidate will work collaboratively with the Business Owner and Senior Leadership Sponsor to set to set the strategy, business plan, and financial budget to drive the execution of this major transformative program that will deliver a first-class digital customer experience for internal and external customers. The Impact:
The successful candidate will combine an understanding of the S&P Global Platts Analytics business and data strategy with our goal to streamline and automate content ingestion, storage, modelling and distribution through multiple channels to Platts external customers. Additionally, the new platform will consolidate various Platts Analytics data and modelling processes into a consistent, modern technology stack for Analytics that empowers Platts Data Analysts and Data Scientists to carry out their work in a way that seamlessly integrates with the other strategic technology platforms.
The ideal candidate will have experience in designing and building Analytics platforms, including off-the-shelf services. The successful candidate will be able to work well in a team, be highly self-motivated as well as an ability to execute independently when required.
The position plays a key role in determining our company's future Data technology investments, and the responsibility to transform the existing business processes via a next generation technology with LEAN and Agile processes and a best in class customer experience.
The role will involve regular engagements with Platts senior leadership operating committee (OpCo), so strong presentation skills are essential, along with the ability to create compelling business cases including project budget modelling The position opens doors for tremendous career opportunities within S&P Global. Responsibilities
: The Internal Product Management team works in close collaboration with many internal stakeholders, business and technical to determine and execute the vision, help set the strategy, roadmaps and the execution of projects through quarterly release cycles within an SAFe Agile framework. As the senior Product Manager for Analytics platforms, you will be responsible for creating the business plans and the execution of those plans in conjunction with the Business Owner along with senior stakeholders, internal users, product teams and technology partners to deliver Platts future state Analytics technology and user experience. Your job will be to create the best possible products for our internal and external customers, including:
What we are looking for:
- Product Owner on multiple high profile, high impact initiatives for Platts next generation Analytics platform, including data ingestion pipeline, data governance and data science workbench
- Working in close collaboration with the Business Owner and senior stakeholders across the business to jointly develop the strategy, build the roadmap for real-time delivery of analytics data and models for delivery via multiple channels including bulk data feeds, desktop and mobile products, API's and interactive data visualization
- Be pro-active in identifying opportunities to identify data and workflow requirements for the new Analytics platform
- Work with stakeholders to understand, refine and deliver a system that exceeds their requirements and deliver a first-class user experience
- Work in close partnership with the Product, Sales and Analytics teams to capture requirements, design lean workflows for a new operating model
- Partner closely with technology Architects, Development Manager, scrum teams and/or vendors to create the backlog of user stories for quarterly release cycles from MVP with continuous iterations of new functionality
- Work with senior management to develop migration plans from current to new platforms
- Collaborating with our external Product Team on go-to-market strategies for product rollout/launch
- Become the subject matter expert (SME) for Analytics tools and platforms
- Working with Exec Level sponsors, internal customers, Technology and Finance, you will be responsible for project approval, scope, budget and reporting health status of the project lifecycle via a quarterly centralized project prioritization (CPP) and team mapping process
- Pro-active sunset management of legacy technology
- An experienced Senior Product Manager with a track record in delivering business focused, large scale, transformative Enterprise Platforms and workflows
- Proven success of delivering new technology platforms with integrations to other internal systems
- A proven track record of delivering projects leveraging a SAFe/Agile framework
- The ability to present to senior business and technical audiences commanding sufficient subject matter expertise
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously and under tight deadlines is important
- Experience in designing optimal process workflows
- Experience working with and implementing 3rd party solutions
- Experience of working in the financial and/or commodities industry with a Data Science & Analytics Workbench background
- User centric (UX) approach to process and workflow design
- A strong collaborator and communicator with the ability to influence at senior level and across the organization
- A proven track record of delivering major change programs
- BA/BS in finance, business, or computer science
- 5+ years of product management experience working with Agile/Scrum/SAFe methodology
- Experience working in the Financial sector, with a strong understanding of the Analytics business
- High-level understanding of databases, modelling and data flows
- Understanding of product lifecycles, creating specifications and user stories and designing mockups
- Proven ability to interface well with IT staff and other non-technical members of the organization
- A professional, highly dedicated, detail-oriented, and energetic personality, with the ability to work and thrive in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to create and deliver complex solutions including building platforms
- Demonstrable, directly related product management work experience
- Excellent presentation skills. Ability to take on internal and external presentation responsibilities
- Ability to influence at all levels throughout the organization including senior level project sponsors and other key stakeholders
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
10 - Officials or Managers (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), PDMGDV103.2 - Middle Management Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
257294 Posted On:
Houston, Texas, United States