Site Reliability Engineer- Big Data Platforms
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) you will help build a meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to operations problems. Much of our support and software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and reducing work through automation. You'll join a team of curious problem solvers with a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks. In this environment you'll take the lead on relevant projects, supported by an organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow. As an SRE you'll be focused on running better production applications and systems.
The SRE team runs, maintains and improves the Big Data Platform against established Service Level Objectives by applying software engineering practices. It is responsible for the availability, performance, change management, monitoring, and capacity management of their services, with special emphasis being placed on the automation of the processes/workload in support of the above. The SRE team is also responsible for the operational support of the Big Data infrastructure, with emphasis being placed on the ability to submit outage/issue/incident data into a design and SDLC feedback loop to ensure maximum automation and outage avoidance Responsibilities:
- Develop, test and debug automated tasks (Apps, Systems, Infrastructure)
- Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-mortems
- Work with development teams throughout the software life cycle ensuring sustainable software releases
- Perform analytics on previous incidents and usage patterns to better predict issues and take proactive actions
- Build and drive adoption for greater self-healing and resiliency patterns
- Lead and participate in performance tests; identify bottlenecks, opportunities for optimization, and capacity demands
- Participate in the 24x7 support coverage as needed
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in an software engineering discipline
- Mastery in at least two or more software languages (e.g. Python, Java, Go, etc.) with respect to designing, coding, testing , and software delivery
- Adept in the development of automated tools, systems, and services in multiple technology domains
- Advanced knowledge of one or more infrastructure components (e.g. networking, cloud services, orchestration tools, containerization, compute and storage systems)
- Proficiency in service-level changes to a system and troubleshooting components
- Knowledge/experience in Hadoop environment administration, release deployments to HBase, supervising Hadoop jobs, performing cluster coordination services will be preferable
- Experience with Unix/Linux administration, Unix scripts and platform level orchestration scripting
- Knowledge of DB technologies (Oracle, MS SQL DB, Sybase, etc)
- Familiarity with Control M and AutoSys job scheduler
- Knowledge and experience in Web based applications / architecture (Certificates, IIS, Web Services)
- Knowledge of GIT, BitBucket, Jenkins, SONAR, SPLUNK, Maven, AIM and Continuous Delivery tools.
- Knowledge of Load balancing, IP, DNS
The Chief Technology Office oversees enabling components inclusive of the top quality engineering and architecture tools and practices, key program management and processes as well as the technology workforce strategy required to make us a leading technology company for our customers, clients and colleagues around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.