Site Reliability Engineer
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) you will help build a meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to operations problems. Much of our support and software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and reducing work through automation. You'll join a team of curious problem solvers with a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks. In this environment you'll take the lead on relevant projects, supported by an organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow. As an SRE you'll be focused on running better production applications and systems.
- Develop, test and debug automated tasks (Apps, Systems, Infrastructure)
- Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-mortems
- Work with development teams throughout the software life cycle ensuring sustainable software releases
- Understand existing application process
- Capture and measure application SLA metrics
- On-board tools for application monitoring
- Optimize processes to reduce TCO and cut down support time
- Delivery of software on time and on budget, based on original scope & requirements
- Analysis and build within Control, Stability, Resiliency, Capacity & Performance areas
- Robust delivery of code into the production environment
- Take part in decisions affecting long range organizational goals & strategic planning
- Proactively look to develop, implement and best practices across the group.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a software engineering discipline
- Working knowledge of Informatica Oracle PL/SQL
- Strong knowledge of monitoring tools like Geneos
- Strong knowledge of Unix Shell scripting
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Innovative and can-do attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven track record of ETL and/or PL/SQL skills
- Hands-on SQL optimization knowledge (joins, indexing...etc)
- Exposure/competence with Agile Development approach
- Relevant university degree, specialized training or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Cloud Foundry
- Experience with AWS, S3
- Experience with Sybase, MSSQL
- Experience with Git
- Experience in Hadoop, Spark, Hive, HBase, HDFS
- Experience in No-SQL databases
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You'll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech organizations. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.