Software Engineer - Java / Big data
As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You'll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You'll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what's being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you'll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
We are part of Risk & Finance Technology Line of Business. Our group is responsible for providing risk measurement and reporting services for the firm. We measure market risk, credit risk and other aspects of financial risk, provide stress testing services for the firm's trading portfolios and produce risk metrics that are used across front office, middle office, and several senior managers across the firm. In addition, the group is also responsible for providing finance support for the entire firm. Our Team
The Data Acquisition (DA) Team is responsible for sourcing data from across the firm into the Risk & Finance repositories, reconcile the data to the authoritative sources, make adjustments for data gaps, storage and distribution of the data. The team deals with large volumes of data with databases to the tune of 100TB in both Oracle and Exadata.
The tech stack is primarily Java/J2EE, Abinitio/Informatica, Databases (Oracle/Exadata), Reporting (BusinessObjects,Tableau) etc.. A major multi-year initiative is started to build common frameworks and applications to support data convergence across Risk & Finance platforms.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
- Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages JAVA /J2EE/ Spring Framework
- Experience in database development (preferably Oracle) including stored procedures, table functions, etc.
- Strong grasps of fundamental computer science concepts: data structures, algorithms, concurrency, object oriented design, multi-threaded programming.
- Hands-on experience in working with Java frameworks like Spring, JDBC.
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix scripting.
- Skill in Bigdata, Hadoop ecosystems specifically spark, scala is a plus
- Adhere to coding standards, procedures and techniques while contributing to the technical code documentation.
- Experience in building and enhancing of existing frameworks
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You'll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.