U.S. Bank is seeking a motivated Chief Engineer with strong leadership abilities to contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives. Provides a combination of technical and business leadership while being the primary trusted and capable owner of one or more high priority, high visibility, complex focused initiatives that typically cross multiple technology and business line areas. Will typically have a small number of direct reports (e.g., an architect, systems analyst, etc.) and provide guidance to a larger community including affected systems, program management, and test leadership.
- Accountable for solution design and delivery executed by Technology & Operations Services (TOS), the business line and vendor partners.
- Act as an interface with TOS and business partners, vendors and subject matter experts (SMEs) for solution design and delivery; provide counsel to the business line during ideation stages.
- Proactively communicate statuses, issues, risks and mitigation to senior leadership; serve as a primary project issue escalation point.
- Champion the refresh of bank standards and methods using learnings from program delivery, SMEs and industry changes.
- Drives alignment and influences vendor partner product strategy.
- Develops and communicates program visons and roadmaps.
- Advises on solution definition, planning and high-level design.
- Appropriately governs program technology and engineering dimensions.
- Bachelor's degree in business, MIS, engineering, computer science, mathematics, any science, or equivalent work experience
- Eight or more years of experience in delivering software-based solutions
- Microservice, Spring Boot, Kafka, Cassandra and/or Mongo DB
- Strong architect solution experience
- Hands-on experience with enterprise wide applications
- Advanced knowledge of a range of delivery processes such as: planning, development, project management, migration, testing, architecture, security, vendor management, risk and system performance management
- Thorough understanding of multiple development methods with the ability to select the most appropriate approach with little to no consultation
- Strong technology architecture skills, currency with technology industry, demonstrated success in delivering complex software based solutions
- Well-developed leadership abilities and strategic management skills
- Strong analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Masters degree and related experience may be sufficient if missing other required basic qualification areas