Senior DevOps Engineer - Irving, Texas /C12 (R2061006)
The Applications Development Senior Programmer Analyst is an intermediate level position responsible for participation in the establishment and implementation of new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to contribute to applications systems analysis and programming activities. Responsibilities:
- Conduct tasks related to feasibility studies, time and cost estimates, IT planning, risk technology, applications development, model development, and establish and implement new or revised applications systems and programs to meet specific business needs or user areas
- Provide user and operational support on applications to business users
- Utilize in-depth specialty knowledge of applications development to analyze complex problems/issues, provide evaluation of business process, system process, and industry standards, and make evaluative judgement
- Recommend and develop security measures in post implementation analysis of business usage to ensure successful system design and functionality
- Consult with users/clients and other technology groups on issues, recommend advanced programming solutions, and install and assist customer exposure systems
- Ensure essential procedures are followed and help define operating standards and processes
- Serve as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts
- Operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Act as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Write technical design and testing documents and provide innovative technical solutions.
- Hands on developer who can turn requirements into a detailed design and delivering to committed timescales with suitable testing under tight deadlines
- Follow an agile development model and build high quality code
- Work effectively with global teams to leverage systems and solutions
- Participate in code reviews and discussions
- Communicate ideas clearly with a focus on how end-user functionality is impacted
- Demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Collaborate with business and technology partners
- Manage activities with changing/competing priorities
- Ensure Citi Technology Development Standards are met.
- Provide support during business hours and after hours
- 5-8 years of experience in systems analysis and programming of software applications including Core Java, J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, Tomcat. Apache
- 3+ years experience with writing SQL queries (DDL and DML) and PL/SQL
- Strong understanding of Java 1.8, Spring boot, Spring Cloud
- Hands-on knowledge of software containerization platforms like Docker and container orchestration tools like Kubernetes (OpenShift) and Docker Swarm
- Strong working knowledge of tools and technologies like Eclipse, Maven Node.JS, JSON/YAML
- Hands-on knowledge of Source Code Management (Version Control System) tools like Bitbucket, GitHub
- Proficient in developing Continuous Integration/ Delivery pipelines
- Experience with automation/ integration tools like Jenkins
- Experience in developing Microservices and REST APIs
- Experience with workflow engines such as RedHat JBPM is a plus
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) and testing tools such as Junit
- Experience in Shell programming with Bash, Perl and strong command line exposure
- Experience in ETL tools like Talend, AbInitio, DataBridge
- Experience in systems analysis and programming of software applications
- Experience in managing and implementing successful projects
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Professional Developer Certifications is a plus
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required. Job Family Group:
Technology Job Family:
Applications Development Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting