Data Protection & Privacy Analyst US TX - San Antonio/en-US/Argo/job/US-TX---San-Antonio/Data-Protection---Privacy-Analyst_R0002462/apply
Data Protection and Privacy Analyst
At Argo Group, our team members are critical to our long-term success so wherever in the world they work, everyone works together. Within our Data Protection Team we are looking for a Data Protection and Privacy, Analyst working from our exciting downtown San Antonio, TX office.
This position will work closely with the Legal, Security, Compliance and IT teams to identify, document and support initiatives necessary in developing, implementing and maintaining elements of data management and compliance goals, strategies, communications, governance models, and plans necessary to establish and maintain the appropriate business and operational strategy for Argo Group data governance and compliance purposes. This includes supporting the development and implementation of the data governance, protection, and privacy programs for the protection of data throughout its lifecycle. In addition, the role will work with and support stakeholders to define the applicable information governance, data protection and data privacy requirements in all of Argo Groups relevant jurisdictions.
What does an Analysts day to day duties look like:
- Maintains and supports data protection and privacy programs, defining milestones and success criteria, resource allocation and successful on-time delivery
- Assists in developing, administering and maintaining enterprise risk-management processes and procedures with an emphasis on risk controls.
- Collects data from different departments to prepare the quarterly risk report to Data Protection, Security, and Risk Committees of Argo Group and Argo Group US.
- Assists and participates in the design, development, and implementation of a Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA) process, with a focus on the portions of the process that assess the processing to be performed and the non-technological risks to the rights and freedoms of data subjects.
- Participates in audit and regulatory inquiries and external vendor activities to help represent the Company from information security and customer privacy perspectives
- Assists in designing, implementing, and auditing the Argo IT privacy and security quality management system.
- Collaborates across the organization to review business processes and procedures and verify that they support and preserve individuals privacy rights, and to review how individual consent is sought, obtained, and recorded. Identify gaps and contribute to the development of project plan(s) to close the gaps and meet the data protection requirements set forth by applicable national and international data privacy and security laws and regulations.
- Supports and participates in the design, development, and implementation of IT security and privacy solutions for responding to data subject rights requests, including access and rectification, data portability, right to withdraw consent, right to object, right to be forgotten, right to restriction of processing and not to be subject to automated decision-making and profiling.
- Provides support, advice and guidance to the data protection team, data governance and IT team to ensure IT systems and developments adhere to the privacy, data protection, and information security requirements of current and new laws and regulations.
- Contributes to the development and delivery of initial and ongoing privacy and information security awareness and training to university faculty and staff.
- Serves as a resource for information privacy and security.
- Assists Data Protection team with improving policies and processes including providing best practice and workflow guidance.
- Actively monitors risks and issues for assigned projects and when necessary, escalates issues to managements attention for guidance and assistance in reaching a resolution
Whats required for the position:
- 3 years Experience working with highly sensitive and confidential information and projects with a minimum of 1 years of security-related experience in a global role.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to operate and communicate effectively while meeting multiple deadlines and completing projects simultaneously.
- Ability to analyze information and construct an action plan tailored to resolve issues effectively and cooperatively.
- Ability to read and comprehend complex terminology and procedures in order to provide thorough and accurate guidance and assessments.
- Knowledge of compliance, international, federal and state laws, regulations, and guidance related to information privacy and security and compliance.
- Working knowledge of global privacy and information security laws and regulations (including CCPA, GDPR, GLBA, and HIPAA) that aligns with data processing operations and level of data protection required for the personal data processed by data controllers and data processors.
- 1+ years of experience in a security, compliance, risk and/or privacy-related role with quality management experience in data protection, data policy, privacy claims, and information security compliance.
- PCI ISA/QSA, CISA, CISM, CISSP, CIPP, or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to use superior judgment and discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Working knowledge of ISO 27001, PCI, HIPAA, NIST, and/or equivalent series of standards.
- Ability to chart a course of action that effectively and efficiently assists the organization and department in fulfilling goals and objectives.
- Proven knowledge of formal information security and privacy standards, techniques and methodologies.
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work both independently and in a team environment.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional people skills. Ability to interact in a positive, productive manner with others (demonstrating sensitivity, tact, and professionalism).
- Ability to deal effectively with difficult situations.
- Highly motivated, team oriented, professional and trustworthy, with strong skills in personal diplomacy.
In addition, you embody our core values as they are the key to our success:
- We desire to excel
- We are committed to our clients and to each other
- We have the courage to do the right thing
- We apply original thinking
If you have these preferred skills, that is even better:
- Experience in a Security, Privacy, Compliance, and/or risk management function within both consultancy and company.
- Specific or additional training in information privacy and security.
- Prior experience in an Insurance setting.
- International experience.
- One or more of the following:
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization. Argo Group offers competitive pay and benefits that protect and enhance the lives of employees and their eligible dependents by way of health and wellness plans, life insurance, savings and investment opportunities, adoption assistance, education assistance, and matching gifts for education and charitable causes, just to name a few.
Come join the World Class Leader in Global Specialty Insurance and build your career here! And dont forget to tell your friends, we have a fantastic Employee Referral Program too!
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Applicants: For the most convenient application experience, please use the Apply with LinkedIn button. If manually entering, only include your most recent or relevant job information needed for this role. For either method, please attach your most current resume. Additional job history may be obtained if selected for the interview process.
Posted 2 Days AgoFull timeR0002462
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is an international underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in areas of the property and casualty market. Through its operating subsidiaries, Argo Group offers a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of its clients in four business segments.
- Excess & Surplus focuses on risks that the standard (admitted) market is unwilling or unable to underwrite because of the nature of their businesses, their particular risk exposures or their loss histories.
- Commercial Specialty provides standard-market property and casualty insurance and surety coverage to highly specialized commercial and public entities.
- International Specialty writes both insurance and reinsurance business worldwide through the broker market, with offerings including specialty property catastrophe reinsurance along with excess casualty and professional insurance.
- Syndicate 1200 operates through a Lloyds of London syndicate offering property and liability coverage.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. is headquartered in Bermuda.