To all recruitment agencies: TD Ameritrade does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job alias, TD Ameritrade employees or any other company location. TD Ameritrade is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
An outstanding career opportunity with a leading provider of securities brokerage services and technology-based financial services. As a critical member of a collaborative operations team, the engineer will execute system support services in 4 major data centers, for approximately 12,000 associates located at over 12 corporate locations, and 11 million external clients. This individual will support the continued lifecycle and maintenance of enterprise platforms and must have the ability to provide thought leadership and autonomously lead, with focus business outcomes, impact to the firm, and client service.
This opportunity is for the implementation team on the second shift (2pm to 10pm).
The Senior Infrastructure Operations Engineer will:
• Create and follow processes to implement planned changes to production and non-production systems.
• Perform incident response and break-fix triage for infrastructure system issues.
• Partner with the business to fulfill requests for service.
• Execute and improve vulnerability and resiliency management programs including patch management, infrastructure testing and other proactive maintenance tasks.
• Identify and document opportunities and solutions that enhance service delivery efficiency and improve the customer experience.
• Develop and utilize scripts to automate repetitive tasks.
• Be available when scheduled (rotational with others on team) to provide on-call support after hours and on weekends
• Provide thought leadership to promote the continuous improvement of service delivery and operational practices such as:
o Propose, design, and implement enhancements to current environment.
o Develop actionable plans to improve procedures and systems to mitigate risk, ensure compliance with established industry rules, regulations and best practices.
o Assist in developing engineering and operational service metrics.
o Create and maintain system run books; documenting day-to-day support, maintenance, and troubleshooting knowledgebase of the infrastructure.
o Conduct peer review analysis and acceptance for new or modified processes to ensure sustainability and repeatability.
o Analyze performance metrics to ensure timely and accurate delivery of services.
• Perform implementation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and remediation services for supported platforms.
• Collaborate with application owners to install, configure and deliver third party product installations.
• Negotiate dependencies and priorities with stakeholders and internal customers.
• Provide subject matter expertise in cross-functional strategic and tactical efforts.
• Partner with key vendors to escalate and remediate business-impacting issues.
• Provide leadership and mentoring to emerging talent on the team.
• Analyze and execute configuration and audit strategies to ensure compliance with policies, standards, and security direction.
• Provide 7x24 on-call support (as scheduled)
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in technology engineering or operations with expertise in Linux and middleware, technologies within e-commerce or financial services industry.
• Subject matter expert with the following infrastructure technology:
o Middleware: Springboot, TCserver, BW, Apache Tomcat
o Server: RHEL 6 & 7,
o Scripting: Shell, Python, YAML
o Tools: BigFix, Puppet, Tivoli, Splunk, AppDynamics, Atlassian, BitBucket, GIT, Remedy
o Other: VMware, Nutanix
• Understanding of security and risk as it relates to patch and configuration management, logging, alerting and monitoring.
• Extensive troubleshooting, triage, root cause analysis and performance monitoring skills.
• Experience with ITIL and/or other similar IT best practice frameworks.
• Experience with LEAN methodologies to drive problem resolution and service improvements.
• Experience with Agile and/or Kanban methodologies.
• Background working in organizations that provide 24x7x365 support.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve successful outcomes in difficult situations and work with application teams, business customers, and various levels of management.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
• Military education or experience may be considered in lieu or requirements above
• Travel: Less than 5%
Our associates are at the heart of what we do. We believe in teamwork, putting clients first, building strong relationships, achieving quality results and working with integrity.Taher - JAVA Developer Advanced Technology – Ann Arbor Christa - Site Support UX Video What's it like working at this location? Our
Not ready to apply right now but like what you see? Stay up to date with career news and events at TD Ameritrade and .Sign Up for Job Alerts
Your Email AddressInterested In Select a job category from the list of options. Search for a location and select one from the list of suggestions. Finally, click “Add” to create your job alert.
CategorySelect a Job CategoryAnalystAuditBranch NetworkClient ServicesFinance and AccountingFinancial AdvisorFinancial ConsultantHuman ResourcesInformation TechnologyInstitutionalInternal AuditProduct Development & MgmtProject and Program ManagementProject ManagementSales and Relationship MgmtStrategic Planning and AnalyticsStrategy
Confirm EmailYour Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs.About TD Ameritrade.
A leader in brokerage and investment services for over 35 years, TD Ameritrade offers a full spectrum of powerful solutions and innovative tools for trading and investing. We're constantly expanding our knowledge and bolstering our capabilities, from a leading active trader program to intuitive long-term investment solutions and a national branch system. Combined with some of the industry's brightest minds, there's no limit to how big our accomplishments can be.
From first-time investors to sophisticated traders, TD Ameritrade is focused on helping individuals seek out their financial goals. And you're the ambassador to all that we do. Beginning with our trading platform and proprietary technology to our resolve to outperform, you'll maintain the high level of quality and integrity we're known for, each and every day. With the right opportunity, there's no limit to what you can accomplish.
As a leading employer in financial services, we believe in building strong relationships, achieving quality results and working with integrity. It's at the heart of everything we do. That's why we provide you with comprehensive training, benefits and programs that inspire you to achieve more every day. Apply to a TD Ameritrade job today and help our clients pursue their dreams, while you fulfill yours.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. Immigration sponsorship is typically not available for this position.
TD Ameritrade participates in the E-Verify program. For additional information on this program please . TD Ameritrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and offer a quality workplace. TD Ameritrade, Inc. member FINRA/SIPC/NFA is a subsidiary of TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation (NASDAQ:AMTD). TD Ameritrade is a trademark jointly owned by TD Ameritrade IP Company and the Toronto-Dominion Bank.
© 2019 TD Ameritrade IP Company, Inc.About Finance and Accounting Jobs
TD Ameritrade has been a leader in brokerage and investment services for over 40 years and offers a full spectrum of powerful solutions and innovative tools for trading and investing. We’re constantly expanding our knowledge and bolstering our capabilities, from a leading active trader program to intuitive long-term investment solutions and a national branch system. And in order to continue achieving, we need the best professionals to join us with a Finance job.
At TD Ameritrade we understand that one of the biggest investments we make as a Company is in our people. And that’s why we are committed to a successful, client-focused business model, training programs and advancement paths and an outstanding work environment where you can grow your career.
Learn more about Finance jobs with TD Ameritrade today.
By virtue of what we do, our world is filled with numbers. Here are just a few that we believe best describe TD Ameritrade at its finest.
in 49 States
18,380 Hours Volunteered to
Community Programs in 2017