Senior Engineer Full Stack
Full Stack Engineer
Cognizant Digital Engineering
If you're like us, you've got big ideas. At Cognizant, we're exploring new ideas every day. We help industry leading companies reinvent their business models and innovate products that create new value—by connecting people with things, insights and experiences. Cognizant digital engineering designs, engineers and delivers digital products and experiences that drive digital-first business models. We offer the most comprehensive digital engineering expertise and client-centric methodology for sustainable innovation. Job Summary
Cognizant Technology Solutions is seeking a highly qualified Java engineer with experience in developing and in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise applications. You will be part of a talented software team that works on mission-critical applications. You have a passion for high-quality, reliable and maintainable code. You're comfortable working side by side with product managers, designers, and clients, making decisions together in order to quickly deliver valuable working software to clients and their users. You are agile and retrospective, and not afraid to identify what we're doing wrong so we can fix it, and what we're doing right so we can improve on it. Above all, you judge your success by the success of your team and the happiness of our customers. Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
- Java/Java EE/Spring microservice API development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing.Designing, developing and delivering high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and communicating these for architectural review
Why Choose Cognizant?
- Strong understanding of Java 8, Microservices, Spring-boot, API Development and AWS
- Proficient in Core Java /J2EE technologies & Spring framework
- Hands-on experience in the development of RESTFUL web services & spring boot based microservices (should be aware of CICD tools like Jenkins, Docker, etc.)
- Knowledge of commonly used IDEs like Eclipse, etc. and UNIX scripts
- Excellent communication skill and participates actively in team meetings discussions and be a specialist in Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
- Define site objectives by analyzing user requirements envisioning system features and functionality and enhance organization's reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing requests exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
It takes a lot to succeed in today's fast-paced market, and Cognizant Technology Solutions has become a leader in the industry. We love big ideas and even bigger dreams! We stand out because we put human experiences at the core. Our associates enjoy robust benefits and training opportunities from our industry recognized, award winning Academy team. You will have access to hundreds of technical training to keep your skill sets fresh and have opportunities to acquire certifications on the latest technologies.
Everything we do at Cognizant we do with passion—for our clients, our communities, and our organization. It's the defining attribute that we look for in our people.
If you love ambiguity, excited by change, and excel through autonomy, we'd love to hear from you!
Technical Skills SNo Primary Skill Proficiency Level * Rqrd./Dsrd.
1 Java 8 PL1 Required 2 Core Java PL1 Required
Domain Skills SNo Primary Skill Proficiency Level * Rqrd./Dsrd.
1 Data Capture NA Required
Behavioral Skills SNo Primary Skill Proficiency Level *
1 Build Collaborative Relations PL2 2 Execution Excellence PL2 3 Client Focus PL2 4 Effective Communication PL2
* Proficiency Legends Proficiency Level Generic Reference
PL1 The associate has basic awareness and comprehension of the skill and is in the process of acquiring this skill through various channels. PL2 The associate possesses working knowledge of the skill, and can actively and independently apply this skill in engagements and projects. PL3 The associate has comprehensive, in-depth and specialized knowledge of the skill. She / he has extensively demonstrated successful application of the skill in engagements or projects. PL4 The associate can function as a subject matter expert for this skill. The associate is capable of analyzing, evaluating and synthesizing solutions using the skill.