Lead Database Software Engineer
JobDescription : The Role:
Lead Database Software Engineer The Location:
Charlottesville, VA or Centennial, Colorado The Team:
Our team develops both custom and semi-custom Business intelligence solutions for the banking industry using the Microsoft BI stack. We work directly with customers to build a solution tailored to their business requirements. We have a very energetic and intelligent group of individuals that love what they do. We are looking for someone that shares the same excitement and ideals. The Impact:
This candidate has the important responsibility a senior member of the team. Responsibilities will include complex design and development tasks using MS SQL, SSIS, and SSAS, reviewing team members code and maintaining and enhancing development standards. The candidate will be expected to mentor less experienced team members, as well as having the opportunity to be mentored by architects. What's in it for you:
- Candidate will have the opportunity to work with a highly skilled, globally diverse team.
- You will be able to learn and/or further develop skills such as SQL Server Analysis services, MDX, Cloud Computing and Predictive Analytics.
- You will be a contributor in evaluating next generation solutions that involves evaluating tools such as Snowflake, FiveTran, Cloud computing, etc.
- You will have the opportunity to excel and mentor lead junior team members.
What We're Looking For: Basic Qualifications:
- Troubleshoot technical problems, design implement and release new software solutions.
- Enhance our existing commercial Business Intelligence solution.
- Decision making ; Project estimates; Alternative design solutions.
- Troubleshoot production support issues post release deployment.
- Ability to solve complex production and non-production issues.
- Work with product owners, analysts and development teams.
- Work with business owners to validate and tune customer implementations.
- Develop and contribute to our architectural approach to meet key business objectives.
- Extensive in-depth experience with SQL Server.
- Experience with SQL Project deployment.
- Advanced experience with SSIS development.
- SSAS dimensional model experience, with MDX.
- Excellent TSQL.
- Data mapping experience skills. Ability to write stored procedures, debugging and performance tuning.
S&P Global Market Intelligence
- Experience Developing with MS SQL server 2014 or later stack.
- 7+ years using Microsoft BI stack.
- Cloud Experience (AWS, Azure).
- Experience with 3rd party business intelligence tools, i.e. Power BI, SSRS, Tableau, Microstrategy, Business Objects, or others.
- Knowledge of other relational and next generation databases is a plus, such as Oracle, DB2, Redshift, etc.
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law
Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.