IT Audit Manager (Based in Hanoi / Ho Chi Minh)
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
1. To provide an independent assessment of the adequacy and effectiveness of information system and general internal controls and compliance of the Businesses and Functions in the country with laws, regulations and internal policies
2. To provide assessments on the state of information system and general internal controls within business units and country
3. To ensure local audit activities in the country are executed as required by local regulatory requirements and provide country management with assurance that local regulatory audit requirements as well as the expectations of the local regulator are fully met
4. To contribute towards a country risk assessments to enable the Country Head of Audit (HOA) to provide input to Business & Risk, Compliance & Support (RCS) audit teams to determine their detailed audit plans
5. To contribute towards an anticipatory approach to risk assessment to Group Internal Audit (GIA) by highlighting issues through good stakeholder communication in order to improve audit planning
1. Audit activity
• To contribute to the development of the overall GIA audit plan through input to HOA
• Implement the strategic audit plan by performing or supporting, as appropriate, the fieldwork and reporting of internal audit engagements to deliver agreed audit objectives to established audit standards and methodology.
• Execute the Audit Plan in a manner consistent with the Audit & Assurance methodologies and reporting results; and escalating exceptions
• Manage the timely execution of audits for the Country
• Where appropriate, ensure these plans are presented at Country Non-Financial Risk Committee (CORC) or other relevant Committees on a regular basis
• Delivery of quality audit reports in a timely manner
• Ensure issues raised are appropriately resolved in a timely manner
• Ensure Country Audit activity is sufficient to meet the requirements/expectations of local Regulators
• Tracking issue resolution, as required. Monitoring corrective action taken at Business and Function Unit Heads to resolve issues
• To assist the development and maintenance of Audit test programs that reflects current business organization and operating environment
• Participate in ad hoc assignments/ special projects within GIA/ Bank as may be assigned
2. Risk Assessment
• To develop a good understanding of business strategy, plans, products, processes performance, risks and issues, and communication of these to HOA via risk-based assessments
• Ensure early identification and escalation of risks, issues, trends and developments to relevant stakeholders. Be prepared to raise issues/concerns outside the normal audit process
• Adopt an anticipatory approach to risk assessment through stakeholder communication and monitoring of external environment to improve audit planning
• Monitor the implementation / delivery of the agreed audit plan for the country as assigned; understanding the key audit issues arising and escalating any significant audit findings that remain unresolved
• Attend Country Risk Committee meetings, CORCs and other governance meetings as appropriate on a regular basis
• Contribute towards the continuous monitoring and risks assessments in-country a regular basis
• Attend regular stakeholder meetings as required - CEOs, business heads, function heads, governance heads
• Effective communication of audit findings and trends to key stakeholders
• Provide HOA with regular value added reports and updates
• Act as a brand ambassador for the Bank and GIA
• Demonstrate strong leadership and is able to effectively drive engagement of team members
• Establish and develop effective working relationships with Management of business units for which incumbent has been assigned risk assessment responsibility
• Identify and recommend potential Guest Auditors
• Contribute towards effectively managing costs within agreed budget
• Direct and provide guidance to team members in audits when assigned as team leader
• Identify key controls required for audits and reviews, assess and grade level of compliance to established key controls.
• Escalation both within the country and within function of issues of concern.
• Liason with local regulators and external auditors
• Determine and recommend risk grading for approval by Country Head of Audit
• Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) and possesses a deep knowledge of information systems design, set up and operations.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with ability to gain the respect from their teams, peers, senior management and business stakeholders
• Able to lead and manage people effectively
• Confident and courageous to raise concerns and issues in a proactive and professional manner
• Possesses experience of at least 8 years in either IT audit and/or systems implementation/consultancy or both
• Is self directed and able to work with minimum supervision, escalating issues in and appropriate and timely manner
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.