PLEASE READ THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SITE
What's in these terms?
This acceptable use policy sets out the content standards that apply when you upload content to our site, make contact with other users on our site, link to our site, or interact with our site in any other way,
By using our site you accept these terms
By using our site, you confirm that you accept the terms of this policy and that you agree to comply with them.
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
There are other terms that may apply to you
Our Terms of website use also apply to your use of our site.
We may make changes to the terms of this policy
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were most recently updated in July 2022.
You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware;
- Using shared passwords, login information or named user identification;
- To allow multiple offices or users to access our Site or any service on any basis that differs from the terms subscribed for. A named user is defined as one unique individual user with one unique password. An office is defined as a location where a named user routinely accesses or uses our Site or any service under our express license;
- Using any search engine, software, tool, electronic storage or retrieval device, agent or other device or mechanism, including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, avatars or intelligent agents (collectively “Devices”) or other manual or automatic devices or processes that are not approved by us to navigate, search or store information from our Site, to retrieve, index, “data mine,” or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of our Site or its content. “Approved Devices” include those made available by us on our Site, or other generally available third party web browsers, e.g., Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, or generally available search engines, such as, Google or Bing;
- To express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by us.
- To impersonate any person or entity, including, without limitation, any employee or agent of ours,, a user of our services, including a candidate, placement specialist or an employer, or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- To respond to a job listing, or any other posting, on behalf of anyone other than yourself;
- To delete or revise any material posted by any other person or entity.
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Site and services, including, without limitation, by means of “hacking” or defacing any portion of the Site.
- To upload terrorist content.
You also agree:
- Not to use our Site for any unlawful commercial, research or information gathering purposes;
- Not to modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of our Site;
- Not to remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices contained in our Site;
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use;
- Not to print out or otherwise copy or use any personally identifiable information about candidates for purposes other than consideration of the candidates for potential employment by you or your business.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
- Video-sharing facilities.
- Chat rooms.
- Bulletin boards.
- Virtual careers events.
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is not permitted.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
We do not store terrorist content.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (Contribution), and to any interactive services associated with it.
The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
We shall determine, in our sole discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A Contribution must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts).
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
A Contribution must not:
- Contain details of any employment opportunity or requirements that are inaccurate or not available with a verifiable company that is directly represented by you;
- Contain details of any employment opportunity that is fake;
- Post other job postings as your own, post the same position multiple times on Our Site or post multiple positions within one posting;
- Allow advertisements, job postings or employment requirements to remain posted on the Site for more than 24 hours after they are no longer viable or valid. Where a position is on “hold” or otherwise not immediately available, it must be removed from our Site until it is available;
- Place any contact information within a job posting that is different from or in addition to contact information provided when subscribing to our services and Site;
- Post any employment opportunity that does not contain a company URL, e-mail address or “apply online” application.
- Place any content within the job details of a job posting that directs our Site job seekers to apply via an email address or any other method that circumvents our “Apply” link.
- Post personal websites, including without limitation resume sites, to our company directory;
- Re-sell or make available to any person not expressly licensed by us, whether via phone, e-mail, mail or any other medium, any of our services or any information obtained therefrom, including without limitation the resumes or candidate information of users of our Site;
- Post or transmit any incomplete, false or inaccurate biographical information or information that is not your own accurate resume;
- Post or transmit any job or advertisement or any other posting that does not comply with applicable law including but not limited to laws relating to equal employment opportunity and employment eligibility verification;
- Be defamatory of any person.
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Include child sexual abuse material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal content or activity.
- Be in contempt of court.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Contain any advertising or promote any services unconnected with the use of our Site or advertising or promoting web links to other sites.
Breach of this policy
When we consider that a breach of this acceptable use policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
How this contract can be transferred
We can transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to any third party, provided this does not adversely affect your rights under these terms.
Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
The terms of this policy, its subject matter and its formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English law. We both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.